Principal Product Manager, Shipment Success at Convoy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:28 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
Who we’re looking for:
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. As Principal Product Manager, Shipment Success, you have a track record of solving customer optimization problems with huge strategic implications. You’ve led technical teams that develop totally new solutions to customer problems. You’ve worked with a wide variety of stakeholders to drive important change and can be a passionate evangelist for new ways of thinking and you understand how incentives drive behavior.
To achieve your objectives, your impact will need to extend across product, data science, marketing, sales, and account management. You will work alongside engineers, designers, and data scientists in pursuit of your objectives.
You will have ownership over the following:
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
- Product Marketing: You will own identifying the GTM, positioning, and communication of major product initiatives for carriers and shippers.
- Optimization & Insights: You will work with data scientists to deeply understand our marketplace and how both Shippers and Carriers respond to the incentives we create.
- Customer Research - You will work with design and lead research into understanding our carriers and shippers.
You have the following skills & experience:
- PM experience: 5+ years of experience owning product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Product: You have built compelling experiences for your customers using research and data, and have experience in web and/or mobile products
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing.
- Customer-oriented: Works backward from customer and understands needs.
- Communication: Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Desired: Economics background or experience with marketplace businesses
- MBA preferred
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description