Principal Product Manager, Strategic Projects at Convoy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:56 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it. Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
What you'll be doing
Globally trucking is a multi-trillion-dollar industry that’s been left unchanged for decades. Convoy's innovations like Automated Reloads, Convoy Go, Convoy Connect, and many more to come are challenging the historical constraints in the industry. We are looking for a Product Manager to lead an exciting new line of business that takes Convoy's impact to the next level.
Are you passionate about working autonomously and being responsible for initiatives end-to-end? You will own the vision, roadmap, and execution of this effort, with the outcomes directly impacting Convoy's overarching strategy. To help you succeed, you will lead a "pod" that can consist of engineers, designers, data scientists, and others to achieve your vision. You will also be partnering closely with operations, marketing, sales & account management, and carrier teams.
This is a 0-to-1 (and then to 1000!) effort with a high-degree of freedom and autonomy. This is a great opportunity for a Product Manager that wants to start from a blank slate and achieve a multi-billion dollar impact at scale.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Strategy: You will identify and answer key strategy questions, and drive alignment with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for this line of business, and work with shippers, carriers and internal teams.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments.
You have the following skills and experiences:
- PM experience: 8+ years leading a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Measuring success amidst ambiguity: Structuring the problem, defining roadmap & metrics, running experiments, and testing.
- Customer oriented: Works backward from customer and understands needs. Can generate empathy with consumer and business customers.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing. Comfortable writing own SQL and understanding ML concepts.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience with launching new lines of business and/or products in new markets.
- Experience in transportation tech.
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters. Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.
Read Full Job Description