Principal Product Manager, Strategic Projects at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:07 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it. Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
What you'll be doing
Globally trucking is a multi-trillion-dollar industry that’s been left unchanged for decades. Convoy's innovations like Automated Reloads, Convoy Go, Convoy Connect, and many more to come are challenging the historical constraints in the industry. We are looking for a Product Manager to lead an exciting new line of business that takes Convoy's impact to the next level.
Are you passionate about working autonomously and being responsible for initiatives end-to-end? You will own the vision, roadmap, and execution of this effort, with the outcomes directly impacting Convoy's overarching strategy. To help you succeed, you will lead a "pod" that can consist of engineers, designers, data scientists, and others to achieve your vision. You will also be partnering closely with operations, marketing, sales & account management, and carrier teams.
This is a 0-to-1 effort with a high-degree of freedom and autonomy. This is a great opportunity for a Principal Product Manager that wants to start from a blank slate and achieve a multi-billion dollar impact at scale.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Strategy: You will identify and answer key strategy questions, and drive alignment with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for this line of business, and work with shippers, carriers and internal teams.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments.
You have the following skills and experiences:
- PM experience: 8+ years leading a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Measuring success amidst ambiguity: Structuring the problem, defining roadmap & metrics, running experiments, and testing.
- Customer oriented: Works backward from customer and understands needs. Can generate empathy with consumer and business customers.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing. Comfortable writing own SQL and understanding ML concepts.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience with launching new lines of business and/or products in new markets.
- Experience in transportation tech.
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!