Principal Product Manager
Are you passionate about building platform products that will be used by millions of travelers? Do you enjoy identifying customer challenges and solving complex problems? Can you communicate your ideas to a diverse set of audience?
Do you enjoy developing ideas reciprocally with a large number of hardworking and driven professionals, driving consensus while finding a path forward to deliver a roadmap that everyone can rally around in a fast-paced organization?
The Financial and Core Transactional Services (FCTS) team, part of eCommerce Platform is at the heart of Expedia’s business. We build highly scalable and resilient platform services that enable our travelers to book, manage itineraries, apply coupons, earn loyalty and transact millions of bookings every day. In this role, you will drive the strategy and vision to innovate, build extraordinary e-commerce capabilities used across Expedia Group.
What you will do
- Usher in new ideas and raise the bar as pertains to product driven thinking across our core services.
- Work closely with the business partners across Expedia brands to deeply understand our traveler needs.
- Identify customer segments, explore opportunities and synthesize product capabilities
- Work in a cross-disciplinary team to lead the planning, definition and delivery right from product initiation through adoption.
- Define and track key performance indicators to showcase the value of your product to our business and platform partners.
- Work with engineering teams to groom the backlog, estimate the effort, and participate in agile scrum routines.
- Be your Product's advocate, define strategy, build road-map and give presentations to executives across the company.
- Define product charters and carefully articulate product boundaries for both new and existing set of inter-dependent services, leading interactions across product roadmaps for a complex set of interdependent services
- Represent our product offerings at project kick-offs and inceptions.
- Develop and mentor our product management team's talent pipeline.
Who you Are
- 15+ years of experience in e-commerce with focus on Product management or equivalent capability.
- Passionate about solving complex customer problems through the power of technology.
- First-class influencing skills, including experience working within a large matrix organization.
- Experience working with Agile teams in a Product Manager or Product Owner capacity.
- Experience shipping products from concept thru delivery preferably for high-demand tier-1 set of products and services working closely with architects, engineers and program professionals.
- Self-starter who can identify new opportunities, develop strategies to drive growth, and push projects forward.
- Excellent analytical, relationship building and problem-solving abilities, and collaborate across team boundaries.
- Experience working on web services, API design is highly preferred. Experience in travel domain a plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and make a lasting impact on the global dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.