Principal Product Manager at Expedia Group
Data Services & Platforms - DSP
Expedia is a leader in using technology to drive business results, and that's where we come in. Our mission in DSP is to make access to data undeniably easy through technology and solutions that unleash the creativity of our people to unlock the power of the world’s best travel platform.
Our products are used by engineers, analysts and data scientists to process data in real-time, powering algorithms, deliver complex analytics, and helping our customers find their dream holiday or trip. Add to that our integrated, value-led partner approach and we’re able to bring forward solutions that drive decisions faster and innovation further, keeping Expedia at the forefront of technology and travel.
Join our team and help us create an exciting set of products and services for data at the center of Expedia Group's global travel platform. We're building and running a next generation, multi-tenent managed data platform and services to scale with the business and unlock value from data for applications, algorithms and analytics.
You'll provide leadership, focus and clarity by collaboratively capturing a cohesive product vision and strategy, orchestrating the roadmap and prioritizing execution and delivery of our platform vision - making solving complex data challenges look easy and delivering measurable value to the business. You’ll also contribute to, influence and impact data strategy across the whole of Expedia Group.
What you’ll do:
- You will work across product, engineering and customer teams in an agile environment to deliver products to market
- You'll evangelize and articulate the value of the platform, inspiring the team with a strong sense of purpose and inspiring customers with our completeness of vision
- You will create a cohesive vision for how platform components work together to solve end-to-end data use cases, and bring multiple product teams together around a common vision
- You'll dive into the technical details, asking engineers insightful questions about platform services and features, and balance trade-offs, dependencies and options
- You'll orchestrate high quality roadmaps across the product suite, drive alignment of priorities, manage dependencies and focus delivery across the portfolio
- You'll own discovery of foundational, cross platform capabilities that enable platform manageability, transparency and effectiveness
- Through coaching, mentoring and informal leadership of the product team, you'll help continuously raise expectations and the performance of the team
Who you are:
- Product team leadership and hand's on product development experience; functional leadership background a plus. Ability to influence others and get work done without direct control of resources
- Conversant in data architecture patterns and practices including modeling, metadata, streams, persistence, enrichment, access and algorithmic processing (Ai/ML)
- Technical background in data warehousing, distributed data processing and analytic systems and concepts; background with collaborative development, open source and inner sourcing
- Experience working in ecommerce and platform business, delivering products in multiple cloud platform and managed services environments, including AWS
- 7+ years product management experience in a global platform and/or distributed systems environment
- Technically deep and business savvy to collaborate with and influence teams of all levels and disciplines within an organization, from engineers to senior leadership
- Amazing verbal and written communication and storytelling skills, excellent problem solving skills. BS, BA or equivalent work experience.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-AN1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.