Principal Product Manager at Expedia Group
Expedia's Transportation LOB team is looking for a Principal Product Manager to play a meaningful role in our ongoing efforts to deliver the best travel customer experience on the web. Do you want to help people go places? Come travel with us!
In this role, you will bring creativity and vision to develop a strategy and roadmap to solve for the next generation of transportation challenges and opportunities. You will prioritize and deliver a portfolio of features and test & learns to improve the user experience of millions of travelers, across our various sites (e.g. Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity) all around the world. As a part of the Transportation LOB team, you will work with local and global teammates to build a fabulous product, execute strategy, and drive business goals. We bring a strong, ambitious approach and the technical and analytical know-how needed to deliver results. We are looking for an effective relationship builder and communicator to drive support across a broad range of fields and personalities. Most importantly, you are a creative problem solver with an eye for details and a keen focus on results.
What you'll do with us:
- Help craft transportation products with your innovative ideas and deep understanding of customer experience and industry / ecommerce trends.
- Establish the vision, business goals, roadmap, and A/B testing strategy for your product features.
- Define product success metrics and provide detailed analysis of business impact and lead executive communication on results.
- Establish effective relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and other product teams to deliver outstanding product improvements
- As a product leader, you will lead trade-off decisions between cost, schedule, and business benefit, and ensure delivery of set features to production that meet customer needs.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing, share information and ideas with others, listen carefully and considers what others have to say, including differing viewpoints.
- Prioritize tasks, develop good work procedures, manage time well, handle information flow and spend the majority of your time and resources on high priority items.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent required or MBA
- 5-10+ years with product, consulting, or technology experience in a corporate environment required
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Catalyst of change that can influence the broader organization and community of EG leaders
- Analytical problem solver who uses data and insights to drive decisions
- Collaborative leader who builds a constructive working environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain the respect of senior management and external executives and partners.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.