Principal Product Manager, Tech, Competitive Pricing (CMT)
Our team is responsible for ensuring that pricing at Amazon remains competitive and in line with our core principles of providing low prices, selection and convenience to our customers. The team owns building highly scalable software that processes ~1000MM work items on a daily basis and influences prices for millions of products sold on Amazon worldwide.
Are you are seeking an environment where you can drive innovation which drives Amazon's flywheel? As a Principal Product Manager, you will own defining and executing competitive pricing strategies for specific lines of businesses with Retail and Marketplace. This will require a deep understanding of pricing strategies employed by Amazon and the competitive environment. The role will require working with senior business stakeholders including category leaders on an ongoing basis to define competitive pricing directions making trade-offs between growth and profitability investments.
As the Principal Product Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
· Understanding the role of competitive pricing in specific business lines, evaluating opportunities and building a business case for building tools, features and experiences
· Generating buy-in for the product vision with leadership and partner teams
· Creating and maintaining a logically sequenced roadmap
· Translating customer experiences in to product requirements
· Managing prioritization and trade-offs to ensure delivery of a great customer experience
· Anticipating and resolving strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to deliver
· Leading cross-functionally to ensure the product vision is implemented effectively
· Working across marketplaces to ensure MP specific requirements are considered
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big. This leader will need to exhibit excellent judgment, prioritizing between existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence. We are looking for strong business owners who are comfortable sharing their vision with senior leadership, but also working closely with engineering teams to dive deep into details to make ideas into reality.
· Basic Qualifications
- BA/BS required
- 10+ years of relevant experience in product management
- Experience defining a product roadmap and leading programs that meet aggressive goals and deadlines
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
· Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence and engage senior executives
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
· Develop functional requirements to create new tools or refine processes/policies.
· Develop business cases with policy and/or implementation recommendations to handle new areas of opportunity, including scaling with software.
· MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
· Experience and understanding of competitive pricing strategies in retail and marketplace.
· Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior in order to drive new feature development
· Preferred work experience in a fast paced online environment
· Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
· Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating relevant results to senior management
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services