Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Identify the best research method or mix of methods based on project needs, timelines, and available resourcing
- Author and conduct research which distill product goals into thoughtful reports that provide qualitative insight and quantitative measure
- Reference and share research insights throughout the product development lifecycle to support customer needs while advancing core product capabilities
- Partner closely with designers and other researchers to iterate and improve designed product solutions
- Collaboratively utilize current data, identify knowledge gaps, and establish new research initiatives
- Work with minimal direction and collaborate with product, engineering, and design teams to provide actionable insights and deliverables
- Thoughtfully consider customer needs, technical constraints, and business requirements when making win-win product recommendations to teams
- Present research findings confidently to company leadership through a combination of presentations and written reports
- Own and drive multiple research projects while effectively managing competing priorities
- Evaluate and leverage industry leading methods and technologies and incorporate them into your teams’ toolkit
- Actively mentor, coach, and lead to help develop a vibrant world class customer obsessed organizational culture
- 10+ years of research experience, leading applied and strategic research initiatives.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates insight driven impact in both product and the organization.
- A curiosity for uncovering the true why of a problem.
- The ability to turn insights into thoughtful narratives and repeatable frameworks that inspire and guide teams.
- Experience building research as a discipline, developing internal research capabilities, including leading researchers, and managing external partners.
- Experience driving the full research lifecycle, including: study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations.
- Experience with agile software development and how design and research fits within an iterative development framework
- Experience integrating user research principles into product design initiatives
- Experience working with designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and are accomplished at conveying complex concepts clearly and persuasively both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
- A proven track record for influencing product outcomes with clear customer impact
- Have a bachelor’s (or equivalent degree) in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, HCD, or equivalent professional experience in research
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- MS HCI (or similar) is greatly preferred
- Experience with the Jobs to be Done (JTBD) methodology
You should include these in your application
- Your CV and LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Outreach is interesting to you