Research at Outreach
We are in a new era of commerce. Today buyers have always-on, instant access to more product selection and information than ever before. Sales professionals, teams, and organizations need modern tools to accelerate their engagement and breakthrough the market at scale for their customers.
Outreach’s mission is to modernize sales engagement with powerful humanized tools at scale. We design the platform that enables business to operationalize customer obsession.
This is where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced researcher with amazing people and communication skills, ready to bring clarity to a newly emerging market. As a Principal Product Researcher at Outreach, you will represent the voice of the customer, as we define the future of sales engagement for customers like Dropbox, Adobe, and Zendesk, for the market-leading sales engagement platform.
This opportunity is for a true craftsperson that is passionate about the art of delivering world class experiences customers love to use everyday.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Identify the best research method or mix of methods based on project needs, timelines, and available resourcing
- Author and conduct research which distill product goals into thoughtful reports that provide qualitative insight and quantitative measure
- Reference and share research insights throughout the product development lifecycle to support customer needs while advancing core product capabilities
- Partner closely with designers and other researchers to iterate and improve designed product solutions
- Collaboratively utilize current data, identify knowledge gaps, and establish new research initiatives
- Work with minimal direction and collaborate with product, engineering, and design teams to provide actionable insights and deliverables
- Thoughtfully consider customer needs, technical constraints, and business requirements when making win-win product recommendations to teams
- Present research findings confidently to company leadership through a combination of presentations and written reports
- Own and drive multiple research projects while effectively managing competing priorities
- Evaluate and leverage industry leading methods and technologies and incorporate them into your teams’ toolkit
- Actively mentor, coach, and lead to help develop a vibrant world class customer obsessed organizational culture
- 10+ years of research experience, leading applied and strategic research initiatives.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates insight driven impact in both product and the organization.
- A curiosity for uncovering the true why of a problem.
- The ability to turn insights into thoughtful narratives and repeatable frameworks that inspire and guide teams.
- Experience building research as a discipline, developing internal research capabilities, including leading researchers, and managing external partners.
- Experience driving the full research lifecycle, including: study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations.
- Experience with agile software development and how design and research fits within an iterative development framework
- Experience integrating user research principles into product design initiatives
- Experience working with designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and are accomplished at conveying complex concepts clearly and persuasively both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
- A proven track record for influencing product outcomes with clear customer impact
- Have a bachelor’s (or equivalent degree) in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, HCD, or equivalent professional experience in research
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- MS HCI (or similar) is greatly preferred
- Experience with the Jobs to be Done (JTBD) methodology
You should include these in your application
- Your CV and LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Outreach is interesting to you
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description