Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
What is this opportunity?
If you have the spirit of an entrepreneur and enjoy a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you. We are growing rapidly and looking for team members who have the energy to work in a quickly moving industry. We are a user centric company, being able to understand our customers and our users is one of the aspects to success in our company.
As a Technical Product Manager (TPM) Lead you will lead a team to build the core foundation for Wyze which connects all the ‘dots’ together. Your team’s ownership includes core Wyze App experience, the integration platform for every IoT products, core camera experience, common firmware components, and Wyze partner onboarding/management.
On app side, your team owns the core app experience (e.g. devices, events, automation, share, etc.) as well a platform to integrate each individual product into the Wyze ecosystem (e.g. consistent UI/UX components, telemetry, permission management, etc.).
On firmware side, your team owns the common functionalities (e.g. setup, upgrade, device authentication, IoT management) which will help each hardware work seamlessly in Wyze system. This is a superb opportunity to work in the ‘heart’ of Wyze system. As a people manager, you should create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success for your team. You will deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
You should be a customer and data-driven individual who can guide your team to build an exciting new product that delights Wyze customers and partners.
- Lead your team to define and build Wyze app platform infrastructure
- Lead your team to define and build consistent user experience in Wyze App
- Lead your team to define and build a platform for Wyze partner software integration
- Lead your team to build and improve partner software integration processes and tools
- Lead your team to build operation tools for Wyze internal customers like PMs, E-Comm Team, and Ops Team
- Lead your team to define and build unified streaming solution for Wyze camera products
- Lead your team to drive core common firmware implementation for partners, including device authentication, OTA upgrade, Bluetooth/BLE device protocol, etc.
- Scope, design, and drive implementation for large, complex IoT projects
- Lead the technology innovation and define road map for Wyze IoT system
- Work closely with internal and external customers, be keen to abstract common needs from individual requests, translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Foresee future changes, lead your team to provide expandable and scalable solutions
- Be futuristic and realistic, scope complex problems into multiple stage release plan
- Work closely with developer to create a detail development plan with accurate estimates
- Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability
- Drive team project schedules from design to release, communicate to stakeholders, and manage the production launch on time with high quality
- Lead BI effort in your areas to better understand your customers and your product
- Drive group level process improvements for engineering excellence
- Define and build metrics to monitor system health proactively, such as connectivity, setup, upgrade, notification, reliability metrics, etc.
- Efficient team management to achieve team level results
- Demonstrates teamwork and values that foster a positive team culture
- Coach each of your team members to advance in their career path
- 6+ years of program management or product development experience delivering consumer or platform products, with 3+ of those years in a people leadership role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent internal and external communication skill
- A proven track record of applying problem management solutions to solve complex business problems
- Build lasting relationships with and striving for consensus across stakeholders
- Deep understanding of SDLC and agile development
- Proficient in Mandarin
- Be available during some weekday nights to communicate with partners from China
- Be active and passionate in Smart Home products
- Former experience in platform level product involvement
- Former experience with IoT and/or smart home products.
- Former experience with mobile and firmware product development
- Experience in collaborating with teams across different time zones and geographies
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!
Read Full Job Description