Assurance offers the best online insurance shopping experience; within minutes a customer can have instantly approved life, health, auto, or home coverage. We’ve simplified the online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online, and we’ve also built an on-demand workforce of licensed insurance agents that can speak with customers who want to talk to an expert, 24x7. Powering all of this is a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. We combine our web technology with data science models at every step to make intelligent decisions about how we market to customers, what policies we recommend, and which agents we match to customers. Our mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone – not just the affluent. Our team is humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
We’ve pioneered many new technologies and are proud of many world-first technical achievements. We are the only company to pay commissions to on-demand workers with a real-time payment solution, so money earned is deposited into their bank accounts instantly, every day of the year; and to pay dynamic bonus rewards generated in real-time by machine learning models during phone sales calls. We developed a voice signature technology to enable customers to conveniently sign for their insurance policy over the phone. We built a completely serverless telephony platform that uses dozens of machine learning models to automatically optimize how we place phone calls to customers and connect them with sales agents on the platform.
In September 2019, Assurance was acquired by Prudential (NYSE:PRU; $36B market cap) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world. We are at the forefront of this exciting mission and are looking for experienced software engineers who are excited about the chance to rethink the insurance industry from the ground up in a technology-first manner.
We have 3 engineering offices worldwide in Seattle (headquarters), Toronto and Kathmandu. Each office has many teams of engineers; each team owns a set of software applications and business functionality. We work collaboratively across time zones and geographies, using Slack, Zoom, Github, and email. Engineers in remote offices will typically visit headquarters once or twice per year.
About the Position
Millions of customers are interacting with Assurance, across a variety of mediums, and are being connected seamlessly to our thousands of independent licensed users. As a Principal Product Manager at Assurance, you will be responsible for defining the future of the innovative and complex Assurance communication platform. In this highly technical role, you will own a feature set and drive a roadmap that will enable thousands of our independent agents to seamlessly interact with millions of customers across a variety of mediums.
Your focus will largely be on integrating and managing a full suite of services that provide the digital capabilities that power our communications platform. You will also be responsible for all business metrics and profitability in this area. You will craft a business strategy, feature set, and roadmap that will drive your creative vision forward and enable thousands of our independent agents and partners to use unique communications tools and connect them with shoppers.
In this role, you will drive the product strategy, vision, and execution of new product initiatives. You enjoy taking on the most challenging product management assignments and handle them with autonomy and extremely high visibility. You are effective working closely with executives and partner teams that include user experience design, marketing, business development, program management, and engineering to identify business opportunities and bring new ideas to market. You have passion for owning a product or feature end-to-end and working collaboratively to drive innovation and deep business impact. You have extremely strong business acumen. At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience creating and maintaining an optimized and logically sequenced roadmap and translating customer experiences into clearly defined product requirements.
- Experience creating product specifications, performing industry analysis, and/or market research.
- Strategic product and business acumen and a proven ability to define a winning business strategy.
- Ability to define new marketing opportunities and experiences which drive increased engagement and conversion.
- Proven success aligning product vision with leadership and leading cross-functionally to ensure the vision is implemented effectively.
- Experience evaluating the business opportunity and application of new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to manage prioritization and trade-offs to ensure delivery of a great customer experience.
- Experience anticipating and resolving strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to deliver.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with APIs.
The following additional experience is highly desired:
- Analytical aptitude and hands on data-driven problem-solving abilities
- MBA Degree combined with STEM Degree or background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to senior executive audiences
- Strong persuasion skills and ability to create buy-in for a bold vision
- Experience with agile/Scrum software development
Review our CCPA policies here.