If you are excited in conceiving, planning and building the latest in marketing technology in the most effective way to attract our travelers worldwide, leverage large data sets and machine learning to understand and help your customers find the right trip, you maybe the right person for this position.
Expedia’s Global Marketing Organization, is looking to scale our Omni Communication Channel platform for all outbound communication that supports Expedia Group Brands that include Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and other brands to name a few.
We are looking for an outstanding Technology, Product and Program Management leader who would lead one or more of the team’s efforts to accomplish goals in partnership with other senior leaders on the team.
As a Principal Technical Product Manager, you will work with the Technology and Marketing leaders in various roles of VPs, Sr. Directors, Architects, Principal Engineers, Sr. Developers etc.. to develop a roadmap to simplify our platform, develop and execute on a roadmap that will enable us to change the world of Online travel Marketing with scaling our platform that supports outbound communication through Email, SMS, Push, chat etc.. to our customers. In this role you will wear many hats - leverage your unique combination of skills in Technology, Product and business acumen, put forward your do-what-it-takes-attitude to accomplish the desired outcome. You will need to be a strong leader, able to have clear and crisp communication at all levels of the company.
We look for people who are capable and passionate about
- Developing a plan:Identifying and understanding the opportunity for both business & Technology, develop requirements, build roadmaps, identify critical paths to success
- Flawless execution:Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs, encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit, identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems
- Do it well:Understand and adopt Expedia Group’s Vision, strategy and principles
· Develop a strategy and a plan that aligns with the requirements of Expedia’s business goals
· Keep in sync with Stakeholders, Team members and senior leadership on progress
· Determine and implement critical metrics to monitor during and after execution of each milestone
· Partner closely with Engineering, Product, User experience and stakeholder team members and leaders as we improve scalability of our platform
· Develop expertise in Expedia’s Technology stack and product offerings
· 10+ years of experience in Software product development, including Technical Program leadership
· Experience in leading large sized programs that cut across functions in the organization
· Experience in working with a globally diverse Engineering, Product & various stakeholder teams
· Experience in building new or tailoring existing processes to suit the need of the program
· Experience in Project Management of large scale programs
· Experience in working with Sr. leadership in Technology, Product & stakeholder teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· Demonstrated ability to learn and grow self.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.