Product Analyst - Destination Experience
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The DEX team is a fundamental driver of Remitly's ability to reach international customers and provide a diverse set of disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup and home delivery. From the quality of integrations to the customer facing personal experiences we build, the DEX team directly impacts the Remitly experience. It's a perpetually greenfield domain, requiring partnership across all domains (i.e. business development, engineering, design, marketing, etc) to be successful. The mission of this team is to create reliable, defensible, global disbursement networks and delight our customers with personal destination experiences.
As a Product Analyst, you’ll provide the quantitative view into our customers’ experiences. You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and Product Designers as part of a small and cross-functional team. As we launch new products, features, and experiments, you should be able to both build views into the corresponding data and be a partner for Product Management in interpreting and presenting results to drive next steps. You’ll be solely responsible for interpreting and summarizing data underlying large portions of Remitly’s business and customer experiences, and should be comfortable becoming the key subject matter expert here across the company.
- You’re excited about using data to understand and improve Remitly’s customer experience.
- You are a self-starter, able to work effectively independently or with a team.
- You ask, “Why?” and question the status quo. You view unexpected data results as a puzzle to be solved, a challenge that you enthusiastically accept.
- You can explain the methods behind your analyses and can independently validate your results. Once you have data to support your ideas, you're willing to advocate for and move your recommendations forward.
- You thrive in ambiguous situations. You realize that you often won’t have 100% of the data, but can still get results.
- You’ll collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to build data-backed cases that support upcoming features and experiments.
- You’ll create, maintain, and communicate (non Excel-based) sustainable reports that help the organization act on information rather than just data.
- You’ll lead a weekly metrics review with your team, presenting information that will be used across Engineering, Product Management, and Design.
- You’ll triage data anomalies and work with Product and Engineering to resolve them. You’ll perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind emergent issues.
- You’ll work alongside other Product Analysts to create and evolve tools and reports that enable and accelerate consistency and scale.
- You’ll set up and analyze A/B tests and provide comprehensive test writeups, including thoughtful and well-written recommendations.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/BI analyst role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience presenting data findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong SQL skills and experience
- Experience with at least one statistical programming language. (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience working at startups and/or large consumer internet/technology companies
- Master’s degree (Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field)
- Background in finance and/or experience in financial planning and analysis a definite plus
- Experience with data visualization and/or related tools (e.g. Tableau)
Who We Are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an Everify Employer.