Product Analyst - Engagement
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
On the Engagement team, we’re focused on deeply understanding our customers across geographies to continuously improve upon existing experiences and to create new, innovative products and features that drive increased retention. We recognize that sending money abroad is a means to an end, and we strive to better understand our customers in order to create experiences tailored to their needs.
As a Product Analyst, you’ll provide the quantitative view into our customers’ experiences. You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and Product Designers as part of a small and cross-functional team. As we launch new products, features, and experiments, you should be able to both build views into the corresponding data and be a partner to Product Management in interpreting and presenting results to drive next steps. You’ll be solely responsible for interpreting and summarizing data underlying large portions of Remitly’s business and customer experiences, and should be comfortable becoming the key subject matter expert here across the company.
- You’re excited about using data to understand and improve Remitly’s customer experience.
- You are a self-starter, able to work effectively independently or with a team.
- You ask, “Why?” and question the status quo. You view unexpected data results as a puzzle to be solved, a challenge that you enthusiastically accept.
- You can explain the methods behind your analyses and can independently validate your results. Once you have data to support your ideas, you're willing to advocate for and move your recommendations forward.
- You thrive in ambiguous situations. You realize that you often won’t have 100% of the data, but can still get results.
- You’ll collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to generate customers insights to build data-backed cases that support upcoming features and experiments.
- You’ll create, maintain, and communicate (non Excel-based) sustainable reports that help the organization act on information rather than just data.
- You’ll lead a weekly metrics review with your team, presenting information that will be used across Engineering, Product Management, and Design.
- You’ll triage data anomalies and work with Product and Engineering to resolve them. You’ll perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind emergent issues.
- You’ll work alongside other Product Analysts to create and evolve tools and reports that enable and accelerate consistency and scale.
- You’ll set up and analyze A/B tests and provide comprehensive test writeups, including thoughtful and well-written recommendations.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Statistics, or related field). Master’s is a plus.
3+ years of related experience in a business analyst/data analyst/BI Engineer (or equivalent) role
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience presenting data findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong SQL skills and experience
- Experience with at least one statistical programming language. (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience working at startups and/or large consumer internet/technology companies
- Experience with data visualization and/or related tools (e.g. Tableau)
Who We Are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process.
We accomplish our vision and mission by relentlessly focusing on culture. We’ve created Remitly’s Cultural Values, which embody how an exemplary Remitly team member and the overall Remitly team works to deliver on promises to customers everyday. That starts with putting customers at the center of everything we do.
Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an Everify Employer.