Stackline is an all-in-one ecommerce platform for brands and retailers. By combining market intelligence, advertising automation, workflow management, and operational analytics into a single platform, Stackline delivers the industry-leading operating system for companies to scale their online retail business globally. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Seattle with additional offices in Minneapolis and London, Stackline is on a mission to engineer the world’s most powerful data, tools, and services for commerce.
In June 2021, Stackline received a $130 million strategic investment from TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm. This was followed by a $50 million investment from Goldman Sachs Growth Equity in November 2020. Stackline will utilize TA’s capital to continue growing the company’s product offerings and expanding its global footprint.
Stackline’s extensive brand list includes retail stalwarts such as Starbucks, Sony, General Mills, Mondelez, and Levi’s. In 2020, the company helped its clients grow their online businesses while continuing to diversify its technology offerings.
As a Product Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting Stackline’s internal Taxonomy and Categorization hierarchy structure. We are seeking a detail-oriented and structure-obsessed individual to work alongside the Product, Client and Engineering teams to ensure data integrity. This role will require a high attention to detail and passion for the ecommerce analytics space. In this role, you will audit, validate and support our internal product catalog by collaborating cross-functionally to ensure company classification needs are met.
- Audit, classify and sort millions of products spanning over 700 categories across today’s leading ecommerce retailers
- Work with the taxonomy Product Manager to ensure best practices regarding classification and catalog cleanup processes
- Communicate and coordinate with multiple teams (including product, engineering, data science, client services) to understand and accommodate various business needs and constraints
- Utilize management tools to efficiently maintain product data and metadata creation
- Recommend and implement tools to help automate processes while ensuring accuracy
- Create best practices and associated documentation to streamline classification processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- High attention to detail with passion for organization
- Merchandising and/or Retail background
- Proficiency in Excel
- Commitment to cross-functional collaboration to drive positive change and implement effective processes
- Basic knowledge of cataloging principles, classification standards and information architecture
- Comfort working with unclear classification rules and on unfamiliar topics
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage
- Capacity to prioritize and execute roadmaps that tie to the company vision and strategy
- Willingness to learn technical concepts and new tools with a keen interest in technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience reliably meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- 1-2 years online or in-store retail experience
- Practical experience with the vagueness of user-generated content
- Knowledge of semantics, dictionary building, controlled vocabularies, taxonomies, or ontologies
- Familiarity in programming languages such as Python, Java, SQL
Benefits and Perks: It’s important each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. We are investing in each person not only with competitive compensation, but also with industry leading benefits and perks. A few ways we support our employees is by offering:
- 100% paid health, medical and vision for employees and qualifying dependents
- Company 401k plan
- 20 days of PTO (with no accrual or tenure needed)
- 7 company holidays
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave - 20 weeks for new mothers and 12 weeks for new fathers
- Summer Fridays at 2pm
- Catered lunches each Friday in the office
- Fully stocked kitchen snacks with weekly fresh fruit
Stackline is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.