Product Intelligence Analyst
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
The PitchBook team is looking for a Product Manager to own our security and reliability initiatives. The world’s premier investment banks, private equity and venture capital groups all leverage PitchBook’s data and software for critical workflows. As such, it is vital that our systems continue to run flawlessly, are continuously available and we take all reasonable measures to secure our clients’ data. If you are well-versed in IT security and have a vision for how large complex systems can be managed to run issue free - we would love to hear from you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Own InfoSec policies at PitchBook. Continuously identify best practices and drive implementation
- Ensure compliance with SOCII standards by auditing our own systems and 3rd parties as well as facilitate annual SOCII audit
- Be a resource for clients, sales and CS for all security related questions, conversations and terms negotiations
- Manage and improve systems that prevent fraud, crawling of our product, and password sharing
- Own authentication, user provisioning and systems that access customer data
- Ensure reported issues are resolved quickly and permanently by dev team, identify larger trends in reliability before they become recurring tech debt issues
- Communicate and report out on reliability issues and overall health across the company
Skills and Qualifications:
- You are a product manager today or have a similar role where you are familiar with software and systems
- Familiarity with security best practices, SOCII and fraud detection
- Understand how to identify bugs in software products, communicate reproduction steps and have a knack for getting to the root cause.
- You think the details matter and are a self-starter that can handle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills
- You are an excellent communicator. Your writing is clear and to the point. You’re a polished presenter. You can effectively read the situation and adjust your communication style to the audience
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Strong academic performance of critical thinking/analytical discipline or demonstrated ability
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's Degree or similar experience
- Have driven multiple SOCII audits to completion
- Built or implemented a fraud detection service
- Administered or built from the ground up, a bug reporting/resolution workflow
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.