At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook Product Managers work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project teams to deliver value to customers. This role actively influences product roadmap, feature prioritization and user experience. PitchBook Product Managers establish project goals, measure business impact and identify additional opportunities of success for the PitchBook Platform.
The Product Management team within PitchBook's Product organization works to strategically align our product initiatives with core customer needs and ruthlessly prioritize development efforts to drive increased user engagement and growth.
As a Product Manager working on the PitchBook Platform, you will build exciting solutions that deliver value to our constantly growing user base. We are looking for a Product Manager to drive the roadmap for Core Platform functionality. You will have a unique opportunity to help clients easily realize the value of PitchBook's core offerings and collaborate across the product team to unify user workflows. You will work closely with designers, developers and other teams across PitchBook to build experiences that enable our clients to easily turn PitchBook private and public market data into invaluable insights.
Your strong product instincts and ability to combine a deep understanding of customer use cases with experimentation and data analysis will be crucial in developing the right solutions at the right time.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Validate client needs, pain points, and business opportunities through ongoing user and market research
- Become a SME in the product area, including understanding user needs and workflows
- Actively influence product roadmap prioritization and create business cases for new opportunities
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project teams to execute your product roadmap
- Create detailed functional specifications from prioritized requirements
- Communicate requirements and project details to stakeholders, including engineering teams
- Continuously improve our external and internal deliverables and operational processes
- Establish project goals, measure your business impact, and identify additional opportunities for success
- Present to stakeholders on product functionality and vision
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3+ years of software product management experience
- Bias for action. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- Experience gathering customer-centric requirements
- Superior attention to detail including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong audience awareness
- Ability to leverage tools, analytics and data to drive product decision making
- Eager to become an expert on private and public capital markets
- Passionate about or have experience in FinTech or Financial Services