Product Manager, Content Experience at Rover
!Sorry, this job was removed at 6:12 p.m. (PST) on Monday, October 14, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love. Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
As the PM for Content Experience, you are Rover’s product leader as we build out products and content for Rover users on our high performing blog and product platform. You will enhance the user experience via improving and developing new features as well as driving conversion within our owned media products, for example The Dog People. You’ll be tasked with achieving conversion and revenue goals. You may also identify opportunities to drive more value and satisfaction from existing customers by leveraging content within our overall product experience. You’ll partner with our brand publishing, UX, and SEO teams to grow the opportunity space by defining goals, and a roadmap and backlog. Then you’ll execute on your product backlog via a build, test, learn process.
Your starting point is our shopping product, for which you will define the goals and user experience to make the shopping experience as relevant and compelling as possible. To be successful, you’ll need a deep understanding of the users, their pet product needs, and how Rover may be uniquely positioned to help them meet those needs. To get there, you’ll dig deep into the analytic performance of the experience today, conduct deep competitive reviews and user research, and partner with our SEO and content teams to identify and implement opportunities to improve search performance.
- 2+ years driving customer-focused product initiatives at an online media or e-commerce company, online marketplace, social network, or other relevant product with millions of users
- Experience in user research, usability studies, and customer segmentation
- Comfort with strategic framing and product prioritization
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Baseline knowledge of digital content & media and SEO a plus
Why We'll Hire You:
- You can go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions to drive growth.
- You have experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier.
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description