Product Manager, Content at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the role:
PitchBook is looking for a creative, agile, detail-oriented content marketer to drive awareness and interest in our key markets. The Product Manager, Content role is responsible for building, maintaining and optimizing the product road-map, tool-set, and personalization efforts for our in-house editorial team and related content initiatives. This role will help define our editorial product strategy, research and build new programs to support our SEO initiatives, drive lead generation, readership engagement, and be a lead in creating a robust practice to ensure we are delivering the right content to the right users at the right time.
This role will partner closely with individuals across our Editorial, Marketing and Development groups to grow this space by defining goals, a roadmap and a backlog and participating in these projects from ideation to release. Ultimately, we are looking for an ambitious self-starter, unafraid of ambiguity and willing to roll up their sleeves to become the subject matter expert for both our PitchBook content audience and our internal publishing teams
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Define and own the road-map for our News & Analysis and Blog sites on PitchBook.com, including all front-end user experiences and our internal CMS.
- Partner with the PitchBook Editorial team to build new and innovative programs to drive lead generation and audience engagement on the website - from ideation, research, and design to technical specifications, development and launch.
- Define a strategy for content discovery, personalization, and curation using search, tagging, filtering, and 3rd party tools.
- Develop an expert level of understanding of our readership audience, our publishing and distribution team, their channels, and our larger business goals for content initiatives.
- Leverage keyword research and SEO strategy to develop content ideas.
- Report on the success of initiatives to the editorial and the broader marketing teams.
- Actively track metrics and KPIs to optimize initiatives as needed.
- Review assets and provide clear, actionable feedback to internal stakeholders.
- Brainstorm new ways to reach our core markets and segments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 3-5 years of working experience (B2B experience a plus)
- Familiarity with the digital media industry. Experience with content management systems, digital publications, personalization experiences, and driving audience engagement.
- 1-3 years of experience in a digital content strategy or product management role. Experience working on an editorial team or building digital media projects from conception through delivery a plus.
- Data-driven individual. Unafraid to dig into the data and make data-driven decisions.
- Technically savvy. Experience with or interest in agile methodology, technical specification documentation, machine learning –to name a few.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with limited supervision. Detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven, but not afraid to ask questions, seek help or get others' input
- Curious, open-minded and a critical thinker
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, within a high-growth company
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.