Product Manager, Creative Tools
We’re looking for a fearless Product Manager who loves to build new experiences, rethink how things are done and be at the bleeding edge of merging exciting tech to solve immediate problems for the business and customers. The Creative Tools team is emerging from incubation and needs a proven product leader to navigate through ambiguity to build the next generation of creative tools for both Creators and Advertisers. Pinterest has the most visually rich and complex formats online, where the quality of the Pin image determines the effectiveness of user interactions and ultimately inspiration! We have a ton of data around pins and world-class computer vision tech to layer on top, and this PM will be at the center of determining creative best practices, codifying the learnings into systems, and building tools to allow Creators and Partners to produce better pins faster and to grow their presence successfully on the platform.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Pin Factory (internal design studio) team to understand current workflows to create Pins, design’s best practices and create a plan to codify into machine-driven recommendations. Define a fast feedback loop to allow pin creators to generate better content.
- Lead across a multidisciplinary team with partners in design, engineering, research, sales, marketing, finance and other product groups to develop a multi-release roadmap for features related to how creators and advertisers think about the quality of their content and scale its production and quality.
- Evangelize your product vision and report on progress to senior management, other product teams, sales teams and partners & creators themselves.
- Work with both small-medium businesses, large partners, and Ad Agency partners to gain a deep understanding of their business, processes, and needs to be successful. Fold the work into feature roadmaps, write the specifications and execute on the plans to deliver solutions.
- Blend the latest computer vision, image understanding tech with our design best practices to evolve a set of recommendations for pin quality, codify that into tools that are easy to use and evolve pin creation for partners large and small.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of product management or related experience at fast-growing companies
- Familiarity with computer vision
- Strong technical, analytical ability, and penchant for data
- Bias toward action and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills with experience giving strategic presentations