Product Manager for Customer Protection - New Initiatives Team
Everyday, the teams at Remitly are transforming the lives of immigrants and their families. We are founded with a mission to make sending money safe, convenient, and less expensive for the millions of people who send money home to their families everyday.
The New Initiatives team is a startup within Remitly. We recently formed to build new and innovative products for immigrants and their families. The team is intensely customer focused and comprised primarily of start-up veterans. We get the incredibly fun and challenging job of starting things from scratch.
It’s all the best parts of an early stage startup accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly. There is high team cohesion, focus, and mission. New things are learned and shared daily, creating a dynamic environment of rapid adaptation.
As we launch our next new product you will get to build the risk, fraud, and compliance products and systems to protect our customers.
For example, what’s the best customer log-in experience that balances ease and security? Do we use a rules-based approach or probabilistic approach when authorizing transactions from new customers?
You’ll get to:
- Author and own product solutions and results
- Master the complexity inherent in fraud and risk
- Work directly with engineers to roll out new functionality in days and weeks, not months
- Own communication of progress and impact
What We Offer:
- A company mission that is truly changing the lives of immigrants.
- A focused, scrappy, motivated core team that will challenge your thinking and push you
- Some big company perks like camaraderie of a larger team, beautiful new office space in downtown Seattle with free snacks and nitro Stumptown cold brew
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, medical/dental/vision, $1k travel stipend to anywhere we do business
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years in product management building software (ability to wireframe, think through product at length)
- Analytical and metric driven work style
- High attention to detail
- Project planning acumen
- Seamlessly communicate with product, legal, engineering, operations, and customers
- Ability to distill broad challenges into crisp product decisions
- Impatience with figuring things out. A hunger for things to always be better
- Experience in fintech or consumer products
- Experience in Risk/Fraud/Compliance/Regulatory