Product Manager, Data Integrations at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About The Role:
The Product Manager, Data Integrations will drive data high-impact data initiatives at PitchBook by developing automated data pipelines and actively managing our integration technologies. This role actively influences the data roadmap and bridges the gap between technology and human research. The ideal candidate combines technical expertise and a strong understanding of how databases works with excellent communication and product management skills.
The Data Capabilities team focuses on solving our clients' most critical data needs. The team is comprised of 3 core functions; Data Strategy, Data Integrations and Product Analytics. We are responsible for identifying & prioritizing dataset requirements, assessing the complexity and executing the optimal solutions. We are continuously improving the suite of tools and systems for collecting, integrating & improving PitchBook's data.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Validate client needs, pain points, and business opportunities through ongoing user and market research
- Develop tools for data collection & systems for new data integrations
- Actively define data product roadmap prioritization
- Analyze data quality and automate dataset improvements
- Be a SME for our product area(s) and a key resource for team members across PitchBook
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project teams to execute the roadmap
- Create detailed functional specifications from prioritized requirements
- Communicate requirements and technical details to stakeholders, including engineering teams
- Continuously improve our external and internal deliverables and operational processes
- Establish project goals, measure your business impact and identify additional opportunities
- Give compelling presentations to stakeholders on projects and vision
- Be a resource for junior team members on the Product Management process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Finance or related field
- Excellent data & statistical literacy. Strong understanding of databases and data pipelines
- 2+ years' experience writing queries in SQL. Direct experience building reports in Tableau or BI
- Bias for action and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- Experience gathering customer-centric requirements and writing functional specification documents
- Superior attention to detail including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong audience awareness
- Strong understanding of the capital markets
- A proven record of shipping high impact digital solutions
- Familiarity with python and other database programming languages