Product Manager, Developer Experience at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:34 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
Auth0 is growing rapidly and we are looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional Ecosystem team - people who will help us grow to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
We're looking for a Product Managre with a keen sense of good developer experience to manage our Webtask and Auth0 Actions functions services. At Auth0 we build identity solutions to be used by developers so they can focus on their innovative ideas. As such we are looking for someone who can lead in planning, partner closely with engineering, design, and even prototype the best solutions to satisfy our customers needs.
The Ecosystem team is pivotal in the continued success of Auth0. The Ecosystem team grows and maintains key products which allow for Partners and developers to extend and integrate with Auth0 Identity flows. Actions, our newest extensibility product, brings a layer of customizability to Identity. Actions allows developers to and reusable no-code integrations to execute during login as well as
write custom scripts connect to external services to build a custom fit Identity flow. The Actions product runs on a functions as a service layer called Webtask, which is also under the umbrella of this role. Webtask is a proprietary Auth0 functions as a service (FaaS) that allows us to extend our product with
Actions with minimal performance and operational impact to customers. This role is focused on the product management of Webtask and the functional layer of Auth0 Actions.
Development experience is highly desirable. The highly technical nature of the functional product space and the unique nature of how Auth0. Actions creates a highly customizable product makes this role instrumental in driving Auth0 forward.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with product architects, engineers, and product leadership team to build the product roadmap for Webtask and Actions.
- Collaborate with technical leads in engineering to help drive technical decisions that match the Ecosystem product goals.
- Identify any technical debt and advocate for development plans that increase our ability to deliver high quality features and reduce breaking changes.
- Understand and share core business problems and requirements from customers, prospects, sales and support to inform product decisions.
- Identify dependencies and drive the meetings to collaborate and manage them.
- Evangelize best practices and how they solve problems we face.
- Design solutions that have iterative phases with incremental value.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with Function as a Service “FaaS” platforms.
- Experience with managing a product lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of Agile concepts including Scrum.
- Some experience with direct customer contact and expectations management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working on multi sided platforms, marketplaces, or tech ecosystems.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams building software.
- Have experience working in a global remote-first organization.
- Have experience working with technology we currently use such as: Node.js, GoLang, and PostgreSQL.
- Place a high value on extensibility, and good developer experience.
- Are a good communicator, and enjoy interacting with people.
- Currently located in Canada or the United States.
- #US; #CA;
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description