Product Manager, Email Marketing
Do you love to solve big problems? Are you as comfortable defining strategic decisions as you are slicing data to answer a thorny question? Does the idea of making big changes on a small team excite you? If so, come talk to us! We are looking for a Product Manager to help us build solutions to manage operations and scale our global email business. Additionally, this individual will own the event-triggered email program and is responsible for delivering growth to a P&L.
CarRentals.com is a brand within the Expedia Group with big dreams. We offer the opportunity to work in a start-up environment while having the backing and resources of a multinational ecommerce company. We believe in:
- Global Growth. We aim to be the world’s leading car rental OTA.
- Tech-Led. We use technology to simplify and automate the CarRentals experience.
- Right Car. We are fanatical in helping customers find and book their right car.
- Dig In. We deep dive using data, hypothesis, testing, and learning.
- Laugh. We are dead serious about car rentals… but not ourselves.
What you’ll do:
As a Product Manager, Email Marketing you’ll have an exciting opportunity to manage an email business from end-to-end. You’ll also engage with teams in both the US and Germany to support the email program for our three brands: CarRentals.com, CarDelMar, and AutoEscape.
Your role will be responsible for delivering across three key disciplines: product management, campaign management, and email operations. You’ll act as an individual contributor but will be closely aligned to resources and support to help drive your initiatives. Your success will be measured by the ability to develop a highly performing and scalable email business, which results in growth of customer engagement and profit.
- Partner with engineering, data science, and others to develop solutions such as process automation, alerting, and real-time data feeds for our global email business. Own prioritization.
- Lead and enhance the global operations of the email business. Ensure efficient program execution and a consistent customer experience from opt-in to opt-out.
- Own the event-triggered mail (ETM) program. Develop new products or programs to engage your customers and increase repeat bookings. Rely on data and analysis to guide your decisions.
- Execute test-and-learn to continuously improve engagement metrics and conversion rate.
- Manage email vendor relationships to facilitate program execution. Maximize value from their services and technology to improve velocity or test new features.
- Represent your business across the organization, from engineers to executive leadership.
- Accountable to a P&L and meeting financial targets for the Email channel.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in marketing and/or product management. 3+ years with a post grad degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Economics preferred.
- Advanced SQL skills required. Experienced with pulling, manipulating, and deriving actionable insight from large amounts of data.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about creating and delivering delightful experiences for customers.
- A capable communicator, who can communicate complex analytical or technical topics in a clean & simple way.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.