Product Manager II
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Sr. Product Manager in Bellevue, Washington to join our team to build new interactive and entertainment products across Discovery’s well loved life style brands for customers across mobile, tablets, connected TVs, and voice enabled devices.
As a Senior Product Manager, Data Science and Analytics, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of data tools and platforms for consumer products across our lifestyle brands (e.g. food, home, etc.) You have in-depth knowledge of analytics, data engineering, and machine learning, coupled with functional experience in product management. You have superior communication skills and a proven track record in delivering results.
Day-to-day, you will succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, design thinking, and data driven experiments. You’ll connect regularly with customers to become expert on our customers and industry. You’ll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional agile team by communicating your vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Establish the product roadmap for data science and analytics across our lifestyle-based consumer products.
2. Collaborate with designers, engineers, and scientists on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
3. Design and drive data and model-based solutions for strategic product initiatives and launches.
4. Define requirements across product, data science, data analytics, and engineering to develop a suite of data tools. This will include specifications, data processing solutions, experimentation frameworks, modeling and machine learning, data visualization, and dashboard tools.
5. Uncover the needs of internal customers, including product, marketing, business, and operations teams, and couple them with actionable data solutions.
6. Lead the full product lifecycle — from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery —collaborating with teams across the organization
7. Communicate a clear set of value at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization
* 5+ years product management experience.
* Demonstrated ability to work with engineering and analytics teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
* Experience in identifying how to leverage data science and analytics to accelerate product features and capabilities.
* Experience building data products and creating data visualizations.
* Experience or familiarity with statistics, predictive modeling, and/or data science concepts.
* Proficiency working with data; high degree of proficiency with Excel and Tableau or other BI tools. Experience with Adobe Analytics and Redshift is a plus
* Experience with agile methodologies.
* Experience with product discovery and design thinking. Experience with lean product is a plus.
* Familiarity with core statistical concepts, including hypothesis testing, experiment design, and confidence intervals.
* Education in Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science is preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.