Product Manager, International
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What we’re looking for:
We are hiring a versatile Product Manager to join our International organization. The International team sits at the cutting edge of Rover’s growth initiatives and is responsible for building a scalable solution while simultaneously providing customers with a seamless, localized experience. We touch every part of Rover’s product and work with leaders across all internal functions and across multiple continents. We believe that by expanding the audience for Rover’s offering, the International team is taking a critical step towards fulfilling the company’s mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the unconditional love of dogs in their lives, regardless of where they live.
This role will be responsible for managing the process to launch new markets including developing cultural and competitive insights, managing translation and localization, and proposing new features to accelerate growth. In short, you’ll need to understand how the locals think and build trust to prove that Rover is the right solution for them. You will partner with Engineering, Analytics, Growth, Operations, Finance, Legal, and Rover’s European team to tightly manage new market launches and prioritize feature development.
- 2+ years of Product Management or Consulting experience
- Strong analytical skills including proficiency in SQL and complex analysis in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience planning and executing market research (market sizing, survey design, customer interviews, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies; startup experience strongly preferred
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field preferred but not required
Your Bonus Skills:
- Experience with product internationalization and localization
- Expertise in international consumer preference research
Why We'll Hire You:
- You raise the bar on communication: from product requirements documents to cross-functional project plans, your stakeholders are crystal clear about context, deliverables, and timelines. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. When other fall away, you persevere.
- You are a cross-functional powerhouse: you collaborate as well with marketers and designers as you do with data scientists and engineers.
- When considering a new product space, you know your market, customers, and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategy.
- You have a very strong bias toward action: although you possess the analytical capabilities to dive deep, you know when the data is good enough to inform next steps, then you go execute.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 towards adopting a dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination. This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description