Product Manager, Mergers and Acquisitions
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The PitchBook team is looking for a Product Manager to join the Public Data team. Investment banks, private equity groups, venture capital firms and corporate development groups leverage PitchBook's public market data and research for due diligence, valuation analysis, and general company intelligence.
If you have proven experience shipping great products and are passionate about investing, equity research, and finance – we would love to hear from you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements and create detailed functional specifications to deliver strong business value
- Prioritize, track, coordinate and communicate on projects, issues and tasks with internal stakeholders including the Sales team, Marketing team, and the Leadership team
- Work closely with user research, design, and engineering to execute and deliver on project goals
- Contribute and execute the equity data roadmap. Articulate the vision based on a deep understanding of clients, their workflows and business objectives
- Support pre and post launch activities, including participating in client calls & training
- Continuously improve our external and internal deliverables, and operational processes
- Collaborate with all internal and external partners to facilitate projects
- Build customer empathy through in-depth client interview and other market research techniques
- Bachelor's degree or similar experience with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance or Accounting
- Bias for action. Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- 3-5 years of customer facing product management experience. Experience defining and shipping digital solutions
- Experience gathering customer-centric requirements and writing functional design specification documents
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Chartered Financial Analyst or candidate preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions