Product Manager (Mobile Games)
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our Product Management team and take its multi-million dollar free-to-play Facebook and Mobile business to the next stage of evolution. We are looking for an energetic individual who can dive deep into customer metrics to understand our audience and build successful product strategies for our new casino apps. As a Product and/or video games expert you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our exciting new apps. This is a unique opportunity to drive step-function incremental value in one of the most fascinating and fastest growing entertainment industries in the world and help to grow and shape new products that will evolve quickly from the inception to reality. In this role you will have significant exposure to all disciplines as well as the senior leadership of the company.
Roll the dice
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly todeliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike!
What you should bring to the table
- 2+ years of software product management, management consulting, strategy, business intelligence or related experience
- BA/BS in related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and to drive actions
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience coordinating with cross-functional teams on tight deadlines
- Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles
If you come to the table with this, even better!
- Strong background in consumer internet products and/or free-to-play games
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where rapid outcomes are desired
- Familiarity with Tableau, Python or equivalent
Winning the jackpot
You will have a direct impact in the product strategy and feature design of our new casino apps. Within a year, you will be responsible for building the feature roadmaps used by discipline and team leads and meeting with senior leadership to bring incremental growth to the business. You’ll become familiar with the different types of users who play our slot machine apps and will build approaches to target the different behavioral patterns seen. Success for this role will be measured your ability to identify these business targets accurately and rapidly, as well as in reaching them successfully.
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Develop a process for analyzing game performance, building recommendations for feature prioritization, analyzing key performance indicators of post-release features, and rigorously testing / optimizing them.
- Define and execute on an approach to analyze information based on frequency, urgency, cost, generality, and other factors that weigh on prioritization decisions.
- Develop and maintain a process and backlog list of feature, functionality and improvement needs expressed by internal teams, our customers and the market.
- Have a focus on Monetization and Retention features, ancillary to the core game loop, based on best practices and own data analysis.
- Present product analysis and feature definition for the product and design teams.
- Analyze user behavior and business performance to make effective business decisions regarding new releases.
- Develop a subtle understanding of the social casino player leading to the discovery of opportunities to innovate in the space.
- Create buy-in for the product vision with feature development teams and key stakeholders.
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. Like console games? Challenge your coworkers to a gaming break. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building,and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 12 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!