Product Manager, Mobile at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Mobile Product Manager works collaboratively with key stakeholders and development teams to execute the Mobile roadmap. This role actively develops product strategy and prioritization through collaboration across the organization, keenly understanding how new data sets and features should be integrated into the Mobile application. PitchBook Product Managers establish project goals, measure business impact and identify additional opportunities of success for the PitchBook.
The Product Management team within PitchBook's Product organization works to strategically align PitchBook's product initiatives with core customer needs and ruthlessly prioritize development efforts to drive both increased user engagement and increased win rates vs competitors.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Validate client needs, pain points, and business opportunities through ongoing user and market research.
- Become a SME in the product area, including understanding user needs and workflows.
- Develop and evangelize PitchBook's Mobile strategy.
- Actively influence product roadmap prioritization and create business cases for new opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project teams to execute your product roadmap.
- Create detailed functional specifications from prioritized requirements.
- Communicate requirements and project details to stakeholders, including engineering teams.
- Continuously improve our external and internal deliverables and operational processes.
- Establish project goals, measure your business impact, and identify additional opportunities for success.
- Present to stakeholders on product functionality and vision, when needed.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 3+ years of product management experience.
- Bias for action and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals.
- Experience gathering customer-centric requirements and writing functional specification documents.
- Superior attention to detail including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong audience awareness.
- Strong understanding of investment/portfolio management.
- A proven record of shipping high impact digital solutions.
- Understanding of Mobile application development/design and relation to a platform feature set.
- Experience with measurement and optimization of user trials and conversion in applications.