Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly, with the best parts of working for a startup and the best parts of working for a later stage technology company. In early 2020, we launched Passbook, banking designed for immigrants. It's easy to open an account with documents immigrants already have, built for travel back home and abroad, has no monthly fees, and makes remittances faster and cheaper than ever. Our mission is to create the most loved and trusted banking partner to immigrants globally. And we're just getting started.
You're charged with understanding our customers (who we think are heroes) and leading the design and development of new ways to move money. Your team owns the financial infrastructure of our consumer banking business. You will report to our Consumer Product Lead.
Here are some challenges you'd own and work on:
- What are new deposit methods we can launch for new immigrant customers to make it easy for them to get started with banking with us?
- What are all the systems we need to build to move money from point A to point B?
- Partner closely with engineering and external financial partners to launch new deposit and payment methods for our customers and deeply understand how money moves
- Ship minimum lovable product experiences that test hypotheses
- Align with other teams (design, engineering, marketing, customer service, fraud and risk, compliance, and business operations) on priorities
- Lead mobile product development end-to-end: from gathering data and customer insights, to partnering with design and engineering on design and delivery, to partnering with product marketing on launch planning
- 5+ years Product Management experience building and shipping customer facing product, including mobile apps, with at least 3 years in B2C product or developer products (APIs)
- Experience partnering with designers and engineers on building mobile apps, including product design and technical product management skills.
- Experience conducting user research and analyzing data to make data-informed and customer-centric decisions
- A hunger to always build a better customer experience
- Experience in FinTech, regulated industries, or consumer products
- Fluency in another language, especially Spanish
- Experience localizing product experiences for customers in or from any of the 50+ countries Remitly sends to
- An extraordinary team with a manager who will invest in your career
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Opportunity to support students through the Remitly Scholars Program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer