Product Manager, PitchBook Platform
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
- Become an expert on our users. Live, eat and breathe capital markets through talking to customers, leveraging company knowledge, data analysis and industry news/events.
- Write compelling bulletproof project briefs that serve as the guiding light for each project team. They should inspire your colleagues and exude sound business thinking.
- Write detailed functional specifications that focus on clarity and brevity, in that order. A developer should be able to read one of your specs and deliver your exact vision with 95% confidence.
- Drive project teams (UX, Engineering, Research) to finish line on time while holding a high standard for shipping the right thing. We need quality and we need it reliably.
- Be a good project manager. Prioritize, coordinate, track progress and communicate on projects across multiple teams including executive leadership.
- Never settle. Always be looking to improve everything from your own deliverables to our team’s process or PitchBook as a whole.
- You are a product manager today or have a similar role. This means you have shipped something quality to a production environment
- You think the details matter and are a self starter that can handle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills
- You are an excellent communicator. Your writing is clear and to the point. You’re a polished presenter. You can effectively read the situation and adjust your communication style to the audience
- You are scrappy in finding ways to learn more about our customers, get through roadblocks and anything else that comes your way
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Strong academic performance of critical thinking/analytical discipline or demonstrated ability
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong interest or familiarity with the financial industry such as investment management, investment banking, venture capital, emerging technologies, etc.
- Interest in leveraging technical and data-driven solutions to find patterns and insights in datasets
- Obsessed with knowing what our users are doing and how they’re doing it
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.