Product managers set the vision for our growing family of products. We’re responsible for guiding multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: shipping high quality products and creating business value. As advocates for both our users and our business, the best product managers balance a range of functional perspectives and empower their teams to do great, high impact work.
Dropbox runs one of the largest search capabilities in the world with billions of documents. As a Product Manager for Search Experience, you’ll be focused on improving the experience customers have with retrieving all the diverse content they’ve stored and organized in Dropbox. You will find the relevant moments to expose users to new and existing functionality. You’ll determine how to communicate feature value, and how to best influence users to experience it. You will partner with a world class team of Product Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Analysts, and Marketers to understand users’ needs and build experiences with measurable impact.Responsibilities
- Define a compelling product vision and tactical roadmap to improve Dropbox’s core search experience, with a particular emphasis on the user experience.
- Work closely with product marketing, analytics, design research, customer success, and users to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs and opportunities into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Collaborate with engineering, data science and design partners to test, iterate, and launch new search experiences. Prepare necessary documentation, coordinate development activity, and drive progress of in-flight projects.
- Coordinate and seek opportunities to align and partner with other product teams throughout the organization
- Run rapid multivariate tests to continuously optimize search and recommendations. Be accountable for managing and monitoring search performance
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager, or similar role, ideally with SaaS productivity products and search technology
- Design sense; understanding of, and empathy for users
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse, cross-functional squad toward a shared outcome
- Leadership experience and/or demonstrated potential to coordinate and motivate a small team of engineers and designers
- Experience with working collaboratively with leads to develop a vision and roadmap for an area of a product; or similarly, planning for a cross-functional area with many workstreams toward a focused goal
- Motivation and excitement about building product experiences that create measurable business value