Product Manager - Support Products
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We are creating highly local, personal and meaningful experiences for our host and guest community around the world. We develop products that create transformational experiences for guests millions of times each week.
Airbnb is on the cutting edge of product development. Our hosts are opening their homes to travelers from around the world, and our product makes it all possible. We have a lean team of product managers who guide a team of engineers, designers and data scientists to ship products that drive our business forward.
Team Background: Product and Service Excellence
Customer Vision: Success is about delivering great customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey.
Business Vision: We are building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivering an exceptional level of customer service while also improving efficiency and the customer service agent experience.
The Future of Help
- Vision: A world-class experience that enables customers to resolve problems quickly via self-solve tools, and make those tools so effective that they are the preferred method for resolution.
- Objective: Provide personalized, on-demand support for our users to resolve their issues quickly. Anticipate user needs and surface the most useful information at the right time. Enable Airbnb Support to scale with the growing business.
- An action-oriented Customer Help Ecosystem, powered by ML/NLP, that increases self-resolution rates and customer satisfaction.
- Core Agent Tools platform that enable Agents to work efficiently with hosts and guests.
- Identity, payment, and reservation tools to enable Customer Support agents to quickly solve problems.
- Smart tools, powered by ML/NLP and an effective issue taxonomy.
- Internationalization (i18n) of tools.
- The Basics:
- Vision, roadmapping, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, experiment planning, UI/UX wireframing, defining product roll-out strategy
- Proven experience and passion for building great products
- Multiple successful product launches under your belt
- Has gotten hands dirty shipping features across various platforms (iOS, Android, and Web)
- Highly collaborative and able to manage stakeholders up, down and cross-functionally
- A minimum 5+ years consumer internet product management experience
- Type of Person:
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution - can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver - able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Comfort with rapidly changing business conditions that is typical of a fast growing company
- Outcome oriented - not reactionary; they articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Experience with SQL, establishing metrics/thresholds to guide prioritization and opportunity sizing.
- Experience with A/B experimentation is a plus
- Experience managing and working with operations stakeholders
- Must have a great understanding and empathy for Airbnb customers; must be an Airbnb guest and host advocate
- Rigorous - asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots
- Passion for great design, you should know what works, what doesn't and why
- Passion for creating a world where you can belong anywhere
- Additional Information:
- Willing to travel to SF or Portland offices a few times per month