Product Manager - Upbound Cloud (Seattle OR Remote)
Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform, to empower developers and organizations to build and run a new generation of software across multiple public and private cloud environments. We are passionately leading an open source effort around building world-class developer and enterprise experiences in the cloud-computing space.
The Upbound Cloud squad is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the development of their enterprise SaaS product. You will be focussing on a product in its entirety, collaborating with engineering, UX and customers. Contributing to product strategy, product discovery with customers, iterating towards MVPs and establishing the core sustainable value that the product has to offer.
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Champion Others, Be Collaborative, Stay on Target, Stay Hungry, Have Fun and Empower Others; Upbound uses these values to build and uphold culture. We understand that culture is an iterative process and invite all Upbounders to take the startup as code approach where any employee can have input on the process. Sound interesting? Keep reading…
Upbound is venture funded and backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures).
- 5+ years of experience building a SaaS product from inception to sustainable business, using metrics at each stage to drive the product forward.
- You have built a product from net zero to sustainable business
- Experience working on technical product for technical audiences.
- Comfortability with modern product management practices, user story mapping and lean design.
- Experience with lean agile development methodologies.
In this role you can expect to…
- Collaborate with marketing for go to market strategy and sales enablement. Key benefits, target customers.
- Thrive in an autonomously aligned squad that seamlessly integrates with other squads, with high collaboration.
- Break down complex problems and empathise and communicate credibly with the customers (app developers and IT admins).
- Have accountability for building the right product features in response to support and strategy, execution of business goals and excite customers.
- Develop product strategy that aligns with the broader mission and strategy, drawing from deep customer insights, data and research.
- Map pains and gains, understand the customer problems and let that guide the narrative.
- Partner and collaborate across joint initiatives with marketing, ops, engineering and sales.
- Lead cross functional and full-stack teams engineers and designers that contribute to joint goals and initiatives.
- Clearly and effectively communicate product plans strategy and results to a spectrum of audiences from leadership, employees and customers.
- Define refine and prioritize epics, while working in a lean startup environment as part of a larger product team working on joint initiatives and epics
- Define and deliver product features by writing specs and epics
- Represent Upbound at conferences, analyst meetings, and press briefings.
You are a good fit if:
- You can move fluidly between big picture and details.
- You have a nose for great products and user experience.
- You are good with qualitative and quantitative reasoning.
- You have knowledge of user experience design and best practices
- You appreciate the complexity of arriving at something simple.
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, and ambiguous input into a solid plan.
- You communicate with empathy and high precision.
- You are technical enough to participate in architectural and engineering decisions.
Would be excellent if:
- You’ve worked in the cloud-computing or adjacent space.
- You’re an active speaker, blogger, and member of open source communities.
- You have worked in a startup before.
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.
Read Full Job Description