Product Manager, User Management Platform at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As the product manager working on PitchBook's User Management System, you will build the system used by 100's of PitchBook Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Business Intelligence and Customer Success professionals around the world to keep our customers happy and grow our business. All of these groups need varying abilities to provision, move, change access, market to, and report on users and prospects. You will work across all of these departments to create a shared vision for user management and data that will eventually take life as the system that PitchBook will operate on for the next decade.
Your ability to understand the data model our business should build on, improve on complex data flows between systems like Salesforce, Marketo and custom apps -as well as guide groups of VP level stakeholders through the requirements and vision will be crucial in bringing this system to life. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience solving complex problems, managing senior-level stakeholders and shipping software that measurably improves the life of its customers.
- Create the vision and roadmap for a world-class, enterprise User Management System that will help PitchBook scale our business, save our reps time, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Build data pipelines and integrity services that ensure user data is properly stored, accurate, timely and accessible across a variety of teams worldwide
- Establish a new data model that will serve as the foundation for the User Management System
- Partner with UX to redesign the User Management System, creating intuitive features that drive task-based efficiency
- Collaborate across Business Intelligence, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Support to build support and alignment for vision and roadmap
- Establish KPIs to drive results and measure success
- You are a product manager today or have a similar role where you are familiar with software development
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships and interact with VP and Director level stakeholders
- Bias for action. Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- Experience gathering customer-centric requirements and writing functional specification documents for developers
- Comfortable with change and a fast paced environment
- You think the details matter and are a self-starter that can handle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills
- You are an excellent communicator. Your writing is clear and to the point. You're a polished presenter. You can effectively read the situation and adjust your communication style to the audience
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.