Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
User engagement is at the heart of everything that we do. It’s our way to help customers set up and use our products, and to gather feedback on how we can make them better.
What is this Opportunity?
The position will own product requirements for wearable products. This person will take a customer-centric approach to champion product features, functionality and experience and lead the product development phases by collaborating with cross functional teams during the research and definition. The ideal candidate will have experience writing clear and concise documents and experience in consumer electronics industry.
- Develop the hardware and software vision and roadmap for wearable products
- Define and clearly communicate product and business requirements: Use Cases, Features, User Experience, Business, Compatibility, Transition etc.
- Identify targeted users, the key problems the products are designed to solve and the key competences of the products
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, performance and cost
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (i.e. Engineering, Sales, Marketing) through the complete product development cycle
- Use data to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Stay up to date on connected home industry dynamic and trends
- BA/BS in engineering
- 3+ years of product management experience in consumer electronics industry
- 3+ years of experience in consumer internet technologies
- Excellent customer experience intuition
- Proven successful record with delivering a consumer-facing hardware and software products from start to finish
- Experience in metrics-driven user behavior analysis
- Experience writing clear and concise product requirements documents
- Results and deadline driven
- Motivated self-starter and detail oriented
- At your best in a startup environment
- Experience with wearables related products or connected home products
- Active and passionate participant in Smart Home products
- Strong strategic aptitude; ability to define and measure success of a product or feature based on user behavior analysis on data
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion for innovations
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze, then we
want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell
us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the amazing things
you can do.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We believe that it’s a core part of being Wyze.
Read Full Job Description