Who are you? You are a high-energy self-starter with a real passion for product ownership — engaging customers and prospects, distilling requirements, and getting uncommonly good software capabilities into customers' hands. Sound like you? If you have these skills and you're motivated to join a high-performing team in a business poised for growth… let’s talk!
Who are we? Do you want to work with an excellent team? We are a passionate product team who work together every day to increase market success and deliver real value to customers. We operate openly and with accountability and we strive to constantly get better. Want to be part of a team like this? Join us and help build Apptio's next growth engine.
What do we want you to do?
You will be responsible for building compelling features and driving execution for our best-in-class business process and analytics product for Technology Business Management. To accomplish this you will engage deeply with customers and internal staff to understand customer needs in this segment. Informed by this, you will identify and prioritize requirements, use cases, and design recommendations for addressing customer needs and define a roadmap for Apptio to lead in this market segment. In close partnership with engineering and other teams across the company, you will drive development and delivery of product capabilities to win new customers, retain existing customers and grow the business.
- Own the feature product planning lifecycle end-to-end
- Identify and refine customer requirements, personas and use cases through customer research and competitive analysis
- Partner with product development to drive shared vision and execution of product plans (priorities, user stories, backlog)
- Team with product marketing and sales to build and execute go-to-market plans
- Work with marketing, sales and services to develop and execute on pre- and post-sale plans
- Keen prioritization and business decision-making skills
- Capacity to think strategically while delivering incrementally
- Ability to think and communicate systematically
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and v-team leadership
- Strong communication skills at all levels, internally and externally
- Results focus — balances speed and precision, measures results, and course corrects as needed
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel of approximately 20%.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline, MBA preferred
- 3+ years within a software product management position, consulting or software development experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of business and financial concepts
- Ability to engage customers and identify/distill market needs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with drive for results
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial environment
- Product management/product planning or IT strategy consulting experience
- Familiarity with enterprise software development, preferably with financial software
- Familiarity with enterprise technology personas, needs and software
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.