Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the newest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
Hotwire is looking for a Product Manager to help take our award-winning product experiences to the next level and build long-term relationships with our users.
We provide customers with great travel options by finding some of the best deals available on hotels, airfare, cars and packages.
Where you can make an impact:
As a product manager in our team, you’ll deliver next-generation personalized experiences in travel. In this role you’ll lead development of the feature roadmap through conducting user research, analyzing the competition, understanding key product metrics as well marketing and supply trends.
In our product organization, you would be a member of a small tight-knit team of fewer than twenty Product Managers who are collectively responsible for one of the most recognizable brands in travel. We are obsessed with building products that our customers will love as much as they do. At Hotwire, we have a real passion for continually raising the bar and pursuing the best experience for our customers.
Does the following apply to you?
An excellent candidate will be passionate about the impact of product on the customer, constantly seeking for ways to improve conversion, retention and engagement. You will be very collaborative partnering closely with engineering, analytics, user research, and designers to find creative solutions to address customer needs. You’ll also have a real passion for all things mobile.
- Product Intuition: A clear sense of how to collect insights and synthesize consumer needs.
- Design Sense: A high bar for quality product and can guide the team through design challenges to make a user-centric product.
- Technical Knowledge: You speak intelligently with engineers and know how to build products incrementally
- Business/Strategic Intuition: You can identify the right business opportunities, make prioritization calls, and devise clear action plans.
- An Analytical Approach: You can properly evaluate the success or failure of features and use data to guide next steps.
- A Self-Starter/Team Player Attitude: You are excited by the accountability that comes with owning large projects.
- Effective communication: Presenting big ideas in a simple way to a broad audience.
What you’ll be responsible for in this role:
- Clearly communicate product ideas and user value to the team and internal stakeholders.
- Drive new feature development from start to finish - write specs, work cross-functionally with design and engineering, launch features, analyze results, synthesize insights, and iterate.
- Take ownership of your product, influence without authority, and help the team deliver.
- Measure success using version tests to drive up conversion, revenue, retention, and customer happiness.
- Mentor and develop other members of the product team.
Required skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of related, applicable experience within technology / e-commerce.
- Excellent communication skills; able to partner effectively with cross functional teams.
- Experience with leading edge development and deployment methodologies.
Bonus Points, If You Also Have:
- Familiarity with Attribution, Deep linking, Analytics, A/B Testing tools.
- Ability to pull your own insights with SQL, Omniture, and Splunk.
- Experience in the online travel industry.
- Experience building Consumer Mobile Products.
- Knowledge of working with scrum teams in an agile environment.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.