Product Manager at Code.org
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:50 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Code.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding participation in computer science by making it available in more schools, and increasing participation by women and underrepresented students of color. Our vision is that every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science.
We believe computer science and computer programming should be part of the core curriculum in education, alongside other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) courses, such as biology, physics, chemistry and algebra.
Code.org is recruiting for a Product/Technical Program Manager who is excited to be part of a team that creates the platform delivering the most popular K-12 Computer Science curriculum to students and educators around the world.
• Partner closely with our professional learning and curriculum teams to develop tools that help bring our high quality CS professional learning and curriculum to thousands of teachers in the US each year.
• Foster relationships with many teams within the organization to evaluate user needs, design solutions, and synthesize these into a prioritized roadmap.
• Understand the strategy and challenges in our education programs in order to make informed design and trade-off decisions.
• Scope projects into manageable chunks that enable us to quickly and efficiently release products.
• Identify inefficiencies in our processes and tools, and drive better, more efficient solutions where needed for projects to be delivered effectively and on time.
We provide a supportive environment that moves quickly but also allows for experimentation and acknowledges that mistakes are part of the learning process.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
As our ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience as a program manager or product manager building web-centric products/services
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience driving partnerships with other teams in an organization
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience interacting with designers and/or designing user experiences
• BS/BA in Computer Science or relevant work experience
In addition, you must:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
At Code.org we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
• Flexible, engaging working environment
• Monthly unlimited ORCA pass or equal value transit subsidy; located near public transit hub in Seattle, WA
• Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years.
• Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
• Option to participate in 403b retirement savings plan
• The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
Read Full Job Description