Due to COVID-19, Knock is currently operating as a remote company and all interviews will be conducted over phone or Zoom video calls. We plan to return to an office setting eventually, but that timeline has yet to be determined. When we do re-open our office, we will do so in a manner that is safe and comfortable for our employees and partners. We will continue to be remote-friendly for most employees and have opened up most of our positions to be either Seattle-based, hybrid office/work from home, or completely remote. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are based in the US.
We are seeking a dynamic Product Manager who knows how to ship great products and deliver exceptional value to customers. Knock’s product mission is to empower operators to drive NOI through an intelligent, connected, and comprehensive front-office SaaS platform built to optimize the complete tenant lifecycle.
You will be responsible in helping deliver customer value through our partner software integrations with Property Management Systems https://www.knockcrm.com/integrations/. This is a unique opportunity to own a critical aspect of the Knock platform, and guide a large and very mature integrations pod through its next phase of growth with a product that scales. This includes an ambitious re-platforming initiative, new UI’s, integrating with new partners, adding deeper levels of integration with existing partners, elevating performance of our integrations, and in general finding new ways for the integrations to compel additional value. These integrations form the foundation for client work-flows, activities, and data analytics, while providing the springboard from which other Knock product offerings are launched. This is a highly visible role and central to the success of the company.
The Product and Engineering teams together consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry. Our product covers a large surface - powering marketing automation, omni channel communications, AI bots, sales and renewal CRM, agent and self-guided touring, tenant screening, advanced business intelligence capabilities, and much more. We utilize an agile development process, and lean heavily on best practices around PR FAQ’s, PRD, UX research and usability testing, SDLC, etc. all to ensure we are maximizing product fit and execution.
Day - to - Day
- Be the subject matter expert of your product area and have a deep understanding of our customers and their use of their PMS systems (Yardi, RealPage, MRI, Entrata, ResMan, AMSI) in relation to using Knock as their CRM and the integration between.
- Cross-functional team alignment on product priorities, roadmap creation, product execution / delivery, and customer activation.
- Product research. You gather feedback and intelligence from a number of sources to inform product opportunities, including customer feedback, market research, competitive positioning, and other software verticals.
- Product planning. You will work with leadership, designers, tech leads and product marketing to define, size, and commit to a roadmap focused on customer value creation.
- Product delivery. You will partner with engineering to drive operational performance and execute on the deliverables that have been agreed upon between teams.
- Product usage measurement. You will utilize data to inform priorities and product decisions. From UX research, to market sizing, to product utilization, you are able to effectively answer business questions within a data driven approach.
- Be knowledgeable on competitive markets and industry forecasts.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- You love speaking with customers and learning ways to deliver them value
- You’ve shipped great products before
- 3+ years in a Product Management role working on either B2B productivity applications, or consumer financial services applications
- You are a great writer. You enjoy writing press releases and narratives to describe exactly how we are adding value to customers, and how we bring products to market
- You know how to use data - whether its research, measuring usage, or how data is an asset - you are comfortable incorporating data into the way you work
- You know how to ask questions, gather feedback, and distill all of the noise into clear priorities with a winning strategy
Why You'll Love It Here
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial dependent coverage.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Parental leave program
- 401k with match to help you save for the future
- Stock options
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered! (Or remote work from home budget if you are not Seattle based)
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm focused on the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the awesome #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
2021 Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work
2021 Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Companies to Work
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily®
2021 Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!