The AvaTax API & Platform Services Product Manager will work with Avalara’s product teams to define an API-led Global strategy for unified, cross-product experiences that will be consumed across Avalara and by external customers and partners. This role will also have responsibility for fundamental core platform services (e.g. Identity) that enable integrated value delivery.
- Work with internal and external customers to acquire a deep understanding of their requirements & business needs (e.g. other PMs, operations, business development, sales, marketing & customer success teams)
- Create and update roadmap for Avalara’s User Interface through:
- Identifying new products or features that solve problems and automate otherwise manual processes
- Establishing shared vision across company stakeholders by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories for engineering to execute against
- Deliver requirements in partnership with Design/UX with an iterative, pragmatic approach to feature delivery
- Ensure that product requirements incorporate effective written and more creative, visual techniques (e.g. wireframes and mockups)
- Develop and articulate defensible point of views based on data from primary and secondary researching including direct customer engagement
- Ensure committed product delivery timelines are achieved across the organization including but not limited to engineering
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers across the organization
- 5+ years experience as a product manager focused on APIs and platform services
- 7+ years overall experience with some startup experience
- Very strong technical skills. You have worked in the past as a developer and/or still enjoy writing code as a hobby.
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers on API development.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and toolchain (e.g. Jira)
- Experience working for leading SaaS companies with a diverse customer base spanning small business owners, SMB, and enterprise
- Demonstrated experience partnering with design teams on UI/UX
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to drive results through influence
- Very strong English written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce, and other financial accounting systems
- Experience with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience with analytics platforms like Heap, FullStory, and Adobe
- Working on data models with hands-on SQL experience to write queries and perform data analysis
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and handles millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.