Product Marketing Manager - Competitive Intelligence at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook Data is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team! We are looking for a product marketer who is data driven and has extensive experience supporting sales teams. They need to be comfortable working with and interviewing customers, and leading teams to develop strong content. The Product Marketing Manager will arm sales with competitive insights, sales enablement materials, and will be focused on product launch support. They will interface with sales and product management to help PitchBook hit new levels of growth. The impact measured from this role will include increasing scheduled demo to close conversion rates, reducing time to close, and increasing retention and renewal rates.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Articulate the value proposition, key business benefits, and identify target audience and launch prospects
- Plan the end-to-end launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the go-to-market plan
- Develop product messaging that differentiates the products in the market and resonates with various segments
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales organization and develop the sales tools that support the selling process, help remove barriers, and create customer advocates
- Develop the necessary materials to support the effective marketing of our products (product presentations, product demos and videos, whitepapers, thought leadership pieces, data sheets, objection handling, etc.)
- Partner closely with Demand Generation teams to convert interested customer data insights and analytic skills
- Understand the role digital marketing plays in product awareness and lead generation for the segments
- Drive win/loss analysis for the business in a way that delivers direct impact to the sales, customer success, and marketing departments
- Drive cross-functional competitive council aimed at delivering actionable insights for across all departments
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years of product marketing knowledge in a relevant B2B market
- Demonstrated success in launching new products to market in a B2B environment, while working in close partnership with the sales organization and customers to understand pain points, objections and opportunities
- Be a curious marketer who's not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to our customers, learn their business, pain points, and create the bridge that clearly shows them how we can help better than any other provider
- Strong communicator with talent to make complex messages compelling and easy to understand
- Proven writing skills
- Great sense for aesthetics and design
- Detailed oriented and sets high threshold for quality
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to succeed
- Team player – prepared to do what it takes to meet the goals of the team
- Advanced presentation skills
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.