Covid-19 Company Statement:
Getty Images does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which Getty Images will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on site for events, travel and/or work in our offices, those actions will be subject to any to relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 440 million assets, of which over 320 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Product Owner - Seattle
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key position will initially work from home, until such a time when we return to our office.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced product owner/project manager with a passion for technology. You have several years of experience managing and delivering multiple complex technology infrastructure projects for large multi-national corporations. You have a solid understanding of both Lean/Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies. You have a reputation which speaks to your acute attention to detail and thorough understanding of the technology.
You set the example for tearing down silos between teams, and always promoting open and free communication between your peers and other teams across the organization. You are at ease with being the primary interface between the teams you represent and the business customer. You are excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you are empowered and encouraged to raise the bar with innovative ideas and a fresh perspective.
Your Next Challenge
- Coordinate and track projects which cross multiple technology teams.
- Prioritize team Kanban boards of work according to business value.
- Create and maintain a project backlog for engineers, ensuring that there are stories sized and “Ready to Pull” in line with business priorities.
- Create stories for team's work.
- Elaborate just-in-time stories.
- Work with team to size stories.
- Act as point of contact between business and technology teams to communicate project status and clarify requirements.
- Lead kickoff of multi-capability projects and facilitate communication across teams.
- Remove impediments to operations engineers.
- Hold teams to their story commitments.
- Communicate the scope and deliverables at the beginning of every project release.
- Elaborate Themes, Initiatives, and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in an iteration of work.
- Effectively communicate with Getty Images senior management, technology teams, and customers through regular, effective status meetings and written reports as needed.
- Facilitate daily stand-ups.
- Consult in daily stand-ups of other teams as needed.
- Communicate with customers as priorities shift and deliverables are impacted and obtain consensus on new timelines and deliverables.
- Lead WIP limits of teams through control of workflow.
- Respond to change in business priority and communicate impact to work in progress.
- Coordinate with 3rd party PM’s and engineers as needed for deliverables.
- Single point of contact for operation request or feature work.
- Partner with problem manager to translate problem work into stories or features.
What You'll Need
- BS or BA degree
- Well versed in the principles of Lean, Agile, Kanban and Waterfall.
- 2+ years of IT Infrastructure project delivery.
- Experience managing programs and projects with multiple dependent cycles and managing the associated impact on schedule, resources, change control, etc.
- Solid understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies, specifically Cloud, Network and Storage.
- Self-starter relating to tasks, requests, and documentation.
- Team player with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Extensive facilitation, problem solving, consensus building and issue resolution skills.
- Proven track record of successful project management through on time and on budget delivery of planned scope.
- Able to efficiently execute tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to adjust quickly to shifting priorities.
- Demonstrate good judgment in problem solving analysis and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate genuine interest in the business and your colleagues.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrate appropriate time management.
- Demonstrate ability to lead team through stressful situations.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with other product owners and product managers.
- Demonstrate ability to values different perspectives and cultivate supportive environments.
- Experience with Clickup is a plus.
- This position is 100% remote with hires accepted in US and Canada
Mental and Physical Demands:
Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected].
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.