Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As the head of Convoy’s Dynamic Marketplace, you will devise the strategy and drive execution to build a robust and high quality marketplace that matches shippers’ loads with Convoy Carriers. You’ll balance shippers’ service expectations, Carriers’ preferences and operational constraints, and Convoy’s economics to build an industry leading automated matching process that is core to fulfilling Convoy’s mission. You’ll be obsessed with delivering outstanding experience for our customers on both sides of the marketplace while driving global optimization across our ecosystem. You’ll work closely with research and data scientists and engineers to deliver scalable systems that achieve high levels of automation. You’ll work closely with the brokerage, sales, account management, and partner product teams to identify opportunities and embed marketplace processes and considerations up and downstream in the freight cycle.
- Lead the product team responsible for directing carriers attention to relevant loads, matching carriers to loads, and optimizing and automating the brokerage process.
- Be accountable for shipper service quality, carrier satisfaction throughout the pre-match process, and convoy’s total matching cost.
- Devise Convoy’s freight matching strategy and the balance between service, carrier long term engagement, and financial goals.
- Work closely with Data scientists and engineering to drive plans and execution of the strategy.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 15+ years of proven success in product and/or general management.
- Proven track record of direct leadership as well as leading cross functionally to drive material outcomes for a business.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to perform quantitative thinking.
- Experience working with research and engineering teams.
Nice to haves:
- Direct experience in a marketplace product.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!