Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As the head of Convoy’s Dynamic Marketplace, you will devise the strategy and drive execution to build a robust and high quality marketplace that matches shippers’ loads with Convoy Carriers. You’ll balance shippers’ service expectations, Carriers’ preferences and operational constraints, and Convoy’s economics to build an industry leading automated matching process that is core to fulfilling Convoy’s mission. You’ll be obsessed with delivering outstanding experience for our customers on both sides of the marketplace while driving global optimization across our ecosystem. You’ll work closely with research and data scientists and engineers to deliver scalable systems that achieve high levels of automation. You’ll work closely with the brokerage, sales, account management, and partner product teams to identify opportunities and embed marketplace processes and considerations up and downstream in the freight cycle.
- Lead the product team responsible for directing carriers attention to relevant loads, matching carriers to loads, and optimizing and automating the brokerage process.
- Be accountable for shipper service quality, carrier satisfaction throughout the pre-match process, and convoy’s total matching cost.
- Devise Convoy’s freight matching strategy and the balance between service, carrier long term engagement, and financial goals.
- Work closely with Data scientists and engineering to drive plans and execution of the strategy.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 15+ years of proven success in product and/or general management.
- Proven track record of direct leadership as well as leading cross functionally to drive material outcomes for a business.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to perform quantitative thinking.
- Experience working with research and engineering teams.
Nice to haves:
- Direct experience in a marketplace product.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!