Senior Director, Product Management at Expedia Group
As part of the Expedia Media Solutions Product team, we build elite performance advertising products across our global family of brands, properties and platforms. You will own our industry-leading TravelAds performance marketing product and new, innovative initiatives, as well. This role is responsible for all aspects of product management for performance advertising – product development, pricing recommendations, reporting needs, developing infrastructure support that scales, positioning and portfolio expansion.
You will be at the helm of developing and deploying data-driven advertising performance product solutions. You will evolve our strategic vision; will own our performance ad roadmaps – creating solutions that are great for customers and advertisers, as well as all needed infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and scalability. You are critical internally across business units and this role requires a strong operational mindset, with the ability to infuse innovation and thought leadership into work streams to create and evolve the media that can scale across multiple lines of business.
As the Senior Director, Product Management, you will be the senior most point of contact for owning the performance product team. You will own inputs into the financial forecasts and results, and the strategic vision to expand these programs over time. You will lead a team of high performing Product Managers. The ideal candidate is one who has successfully led the development and delivery of complex products at scale; is passionate and knows how to get results; is driven to create and build; is operationally credible; possess a relentless focus on the customer; and can effectively build, inspire and lead teams.
What you’ll do:
- Define and drive alignment for the long-term strategic vision for Travel Ads
- Lead cross-functional teams to conceive and develop new product concepts, establish development milestones, and manage the development, implementation and subsequent rollout
- Partner with peers and key stakeholders across different Expedia lines of business to create, develop, and execute new product opportunities
- Balance advertiser requirements and consumer experience to build best-in-class e-commerce travel advertising products
- Lead build out of scalable and flexible infrastructure to support expansion of performance products across desktop, mobile web and mobile apps
- Manage multiple projects and details without losing site of the ‘big picture’
- Be self-directed and able to move forward in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment
- Manage and develop a team of high-performing Product Managers
Who you are:
Ability to motivate and inspire team to overcome challenges and focus on problem-solving
Exceptional relationship building skills;
Ability to work cross-functionally across teams to align different groups to common goals and ensure delivery of complicated roadmap
Ability to focus on the end customer and think long-term in order to build products that perform well and can scale efficiently as we grow
Enterprise platform product experience
- Inspiring and approachable as a leader
- Create an environment where people can realize their full potential
- Be humble and lead with open, candid relationships
- Inspire peripheral relationships across Expedia Group
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain talented individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates
- Natural bar-raiser: curious and passionate, with a desire to continuously learn more, which you use to understand basic business operations and the organizational levers that drive profitable growth
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast-moving environment
- Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous problems and situations
- Lead mostly with questions rather than opinions, thriving on the opportunity to own, innovate, create, and constantly re-evaluate
- Comfortable making recommendations across competing and equally critical business needs
- Simplify, clearly and succinctly convey complex information and ideas to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Motivated by goal achievement and continuous improvement, with the enthusiasm and drive to motivate your team and the wider organization
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We have officially moved to our new Seattle Campus. This campus is a physical representation of the Expedia Group brand and reflects our growing aspirations on the world stage. It is not just a place where we do our best work; it is a destination. To learn more and explore the campus please visit: https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.