Senior Director, Product (Payments) at Expedia Group
Senior Director Product, Payments
Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is responsible for providing scalable b2c and b2b payment experiences to millions of Expedia Group’s consumers and suppliers. Expedia Group is one of the largest payment merchants on the globe. Our payments platform supports Expedia Group’s portfolio of travel brands, as well as supply teams. We handle triple-digit billions of dollars of payments annually, leveraging dozens of consumer and supplier payment products and currencies.
The Senior Director Product, Payments will play a lead role in shaping the current and nearer-term payments experiences as well as in developing the longer-term product vision for payments. The product scope of Expedia’s payments platform includes a substantial portfolio of consumer and supplier payments methods, currencies, and payments back-office solutions.
You will lead a sizable payments product management and UX team to enhance and innovate for a portfolio of global and local payment products. KPIs will include customer & supplier experience metrics as well as technology and financial metrics. As a senior leader on the payments team and Expedia’s eCommerce Platform, you will work closely with partners and stakeholders across the Expedia Group Product community as well as with a large set of Brands, Supply and Finance teams.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of payments and product professionals to define Expedia’s payment product vision, stay ahead of payments and product trends, drive product strategy and iterative innovation at all levels (market-level, enterprise-level and industry-level)
- Prioritize product opportunities in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Drive the payments roadmap prioritization process with Expedia brands and other internal teams
- Define key payment requirements throughout the customer & supplier journey
- Lead a small UX design team to develop compelling payments experiences
- Partner closely with EGP’s payments engineering teams to support an agile development process and structure to ensure high-quality, timely delivery of product features and enhancements
- Establish and measure payment product KPIs by closely partnering with EGP as well as brands & supply analytics team
- Build a data-driven, test and learn approach in an agile environment to ensure the best return on investment for all products or product enhancement
- Enable high-quality, enterprise-level decisions by providing payments expertise to Expedia brands; serve as a payment leader with vision and senior consultant to enable executive level decisions at Expedia Group
- Constantly identify and communicate the value and strategic vision of payment products
- Lead executive-level (incl. C-level) presentations and influence a stronger customer & product centric mindset
Who you are:
- Must have 8+ years of in-depth experience in senior level product management roles, combined with increasing product management roles culminating in a senior level product leadership capacity OR several years in another discipline before changing to, developing and leading product teams
- Successful track record of bringing successful payment products to launch, preferably in an eCommerce environment
- Passion for - and a track record of - recruiting, developing and supporting a diverse team of top-notch product and payments professionals
- Systematically leverage quantitative and qualitative information from multiple sources to identify core opportunities and issues; committing to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; enthusiastically and quickly making sense of complex issues; providing structure to complex and ambiguous situations
- Prioritize and design payments products with customers and suppliers needs in mind
- Systematically research and understand User needs and prioritize accordingly
- Design simple yet compelling payments experiences
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups at all levels of seniority
- Leverage your influencing skills and strategies to convince key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals.
- Balance results with relationships
- Maintain high standards for the individual, team and organizational accomplishments; tenaciously work to define and meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.