Senior Director, Technical Product, Content Platform
Senior Director Technical Product, Content Platform
Reporting to the SVP, LPS Product and Design, the Senior Director of Product for the LPS Content Platform group will define and execute the lodging content product strategy and manage the product backlog for the LPS global lodging content platform. The primary objective for this leader is to maximize the lodging content completeness, relevancy and publishing capabilities across all of Expedia Group Brands.
As Senior Director of Product, you will leverage your managerial as well as influential leadership skills to ensure successful execution of all lodging content platform product development initiatives. You will manage and develop a team of product leaders responsible for developing a world-class, global and highly scalable travel content management platform. You will be responsible for seeking new product opportunities and managing the opportunity backlog. Your team will work closely with user research, user experience design, engineering, data sciences and analytics as well as Brand retail and marketing teams. You will oversee end-to-end product delivery, from idea to roll-out, ensuring commercial objectives are met.
You will communicate and collaborate with all areas of the company. You have strong technical skills to understand architecture and systems design. You will be responsible for all content platform core capabilities, from content sourcing, to content management, to content publishing to platform performance monitoring and management. A major goal will be to enhance content creation across all available channels and sources, both internal and external to increase the depth, breadth, accuracy and relevancy of Expedia Group's travel content.
What you’ll do:
- Define and implement the Lodging Content Platform strategy
- Improve the lodging content completeness, relevancy and publishing capabilities across all Expedia Group brands, through the development of a global, scalable content platform
- Help drive the creation of useful, usable, valuable and desirable products that will have a significant positive impact on both Expedia Group brands customer and partner marketplace experiences
- Manage the entire platform lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, namely: opportunity assessment, product discovery, product development, release and commercial roll out
- Lead and conduct meetings with all stakeholder groups to gather and define short term and long-term platform opportunities
- Develop, mentor and lead a team of product leaders responsible for managing the product backlog, prioritization and leveraging a strong understanding of the business aided by partnership with stakeholders, analytics, measurement and value hypothesis to drive product priority and investment strategy
- In collaboration with the UX research team, help define market research, usability research, competitive analysis and best-in-class benchmarking to build new products, functions and features
- Drive the execution of ideas you develop
Who you are:
- University Degree or equivalent
- 10 year minimum product management experience required
- Strong systems/platform design and skills and strong technology savviness
- Familiar and very comfortable with user generated content (UGC), rich content, reviews, videos, photos and editorial content as this will be the primary focus for the this product
- Exhibits a solid understanding of the creative development process
- Ability to translate highly ambiguous business issues into structured problems, and to develop well founded solutions in a structured yet creative way
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of the technologies and processes involved in managing digital content
- Working knowledge, successes and failures of A/B testing methodology and web technology
- PHP skills desirable
- Creative eye for user experience and design
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a passion for analytics and product development. Ability to build rapport with business and technology partners and ability to lead by influence
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels, including concise verbal and written executive communication
- Strong, top-down, hypothesis driven approach to analyses, combined with ability to perform in-depth bottom up analyses if needed
- A passion for data, with very strong analytical skills and experience with digital analytics packages
- Exhibits high degree of proactiveness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influence change
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.