Senior Global Product Manager at Expedia Group
Are you an empathetic, passionate customer advocate? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Can you communicate your ideas to audiences that range from non-technical to deeply technical? Expedia’s Cruise team is looking for a collaborative and innovative Product Manager with relevant experience to set strategic direction. You will play a vital role in our ongoing mission to provide our customers the best user experience for shopping and purchasing Cruises. You will partner closely with business leaders, account managers, user experience/design, and engineering to incept, develop, and measure features that will have a positive impact to the Expedia Cruise customers.
As a product owner, you will be a subject matter expert for the Expedia cruises. You will own and drive the product with a defensible priority of the problems our travelers encounter. You will lead in the gathering and prioritization of requirements, define the vision for our customer experience. You will bring a strong entrepreneurial approach and the technical and analytical know-how needed to deliver results.
You'll partner with engineering and UX to execute against the road map, assist with product marketing and product strategy.
Our next teammate will have stellar communication with the ability to clearly define ideas and concepts to both business and technical teams. You will also be an active and passionate evangelist for various Cruise products.
- Help shape Cruise Product Strategy with your innovative ideas and deep understanding of customer experiences and industry / ecommerce trends.
- You'll craft an exciting product vision, business goals, roadmap and global rollout plans.
- You'll make data driven decisions to prioritize trade-offs between cost, time to market and strategic alignment.
- Work as a part of a highly collaborative team to lead the planning, development and design of strategy from product initiation decision through the end of the product life cycle, partnering effectively with designers, developers and other product teams.
- Present strategy, progress and product features to internal partners at a senior level.
- Ensure requirements are brought together and included in product development by reviewing feedback from the standards development processes, testing and pilot programs.
- Support your tests and features with quantifiable observations and relevant data insights. Define product success metrics, provide detailed analysis of business impact, and lead executive communication on results.
- Lead complex partner relationships, both internally and externally, ensuring all parties are appropriately engaged and updated on relevant projects.
- Review and analyze metrics upon completion of integration of new enhancements or features to ensure successful execution
- 5+ years in a product management role, product experience focusing on complex buying decisions is a plus.
- Excellent technical, analytical, relationship building, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Ability to build and manage world-class products and prioritize conflicting product elements
- Experience with creation of business cases and back of the envelope estimates
- First-class influencing skills, including experience working within a large matrix organization
- A self-starter who can identify new opportunities, develop strategies to drive growth, and push projects forward, as well as a desire to push innovation and drive business
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); proven ability to work with various teams to drive execution against project deliverables
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Science or related field; MBA or Master's Degree is a preferred
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.