Senior Manager, Product and Business Strategy
Do you want to work on a dynamic, high-energy team?
Are you a self-starter who likes to deep-dive on customer and partner challenges?
Are you passionate about driving business value with products and business solutions that deliver an awesome customer experience?
Do you love to evaluate opportunities, build business cases and launch new products globally?
Expedia Group's Commercial Strategy and Services (CSS) Insurance team is looking for a senior product and business strategy manager to join our Insurance Team. In this role, you will drive the Travel Insurance Product vision and strategy, being responsible for the P&L, while driving Business Development efforts across Brand Expedia globally. Travel Insurance is an important complement to customers’ travel bookings (air, lodging, car, packages) offering both a peace of mind and the necessary financial protection against unplanned events. The CSS Insurance team aims to delight our customers worldwide through innovative and customized products and experiences, as we make a direct and substantial impact to the company’s bottom-line.
As a Senior Manager in the team, we will look to you to define, craft, and launch new travel insurance products across different Expedia brands. Specifically, your product will enable Expedia brands to use the power of Expedia’s Insurance Platform and deliver the best-in-class insurance experiences to our customers globally. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to partner with, and pitch to the Expedia leadership across more than 20 brands worldwide.
The position requires you to analyze customer needs, identify product gaps and build business models which can be monetized while offering exceptional customer experience. You will need to regularly communicate with management/leadership teams and external groups on these opportunities, the associated risks, and overall financials. You are expected to have excellent analytical abilities and experience in finding practical, simple and creative solutions to complicated problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
What you'll do with us:
- Product development - Analyzing customer behavior and competitors, identifying product gaps, developing new product features and services, and building expansion roadmaps with prioritized opportunities
- Business Development- Developing partnerships with both internal and external partners to build and improve our product offerings
- Business Management- Help support the leadership team to create business vision, strategy, and manage program metrics, including partnering with FP&A team for setting annual forecasts, reviewing actuals vs. planned performance, and preparing monthly reviews
- Relationship Management - Develop effective relationships with the extended inter-disciplinary teams including Product Management, Engineering, Customer Operations, Finance and Legal
- Analytics- Partnering with the Analytics team to define metrics, understand our customer behavior, deliver opportunity sizing of product ideas with creative use of research and sources to validate assumptions
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/Economics/Math/Technical field or related discipline required. MBA from a premier institute is a plus
- 7+ years of full-time, professional industry experience or Masters in same disciplines with 5+ years
- Experience working in an e-Commerce environment, Consulting or insurance/financial services or within travel industry is helpful
- Proven ability to influence across a large, multi-faceted organization. Experience communicating with senior leadership, influencing decisions across multiple and matrixed teams
- Strong time-management and project management skills; the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and to lead multiple, challenging priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated skills in business analysis, hands-on experience in data sourcing & synthesis, and presentation creation to make concise business case
- Skills in project execution with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in strategic partner/vendor management i.e. identifying, negotiating and partnering with external business partners preferred
- Creative and analytical mind that thrives in a data driven environment. Knowledge of SQL and similar data mining, analysis & visualization tools like Tableau is strongly preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you are applying for a role in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.