Senior Manager of Technical Product Management
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a great people manager who can motivate and lead a team of technical product managers. We are also looking for a creative problem-solver who is interested in working on a product that is transforming the way businesses communicate with their customers. This job is right for you if...
- You are a great manager of people with the soft skills required to lead directly and indirectly
- You are a champion of Agile software development and the principles of Lean thinking
- You are a passionate product owner who is motivated to design customer centric products
- You believe that working in a diverse environment creates better products
- You get excited by innovation in technology, product and process
- You have strong opinions about the architecture of systems and can have healthy debates with engineers and architects
- You love measuring the success of your products and always strive to iterate
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and communicate crisply.
What's the job really?
- Manage a team who straddle Product and Engineering with strong program management and agile methodology experience along with a passion for building customer-centric products.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver products and features from conception to launch
- Prioritize across a portfolio of short-term opportunities, long-term roadmap and backlogs
- Track project metrics, communicate status and drive decisions
- Review technical product specification, architecture and solution design
- Evangelize and education the company about Agile software development
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Program Manager, Product Owner in the software industry
- 2+ years of managing a team of direct reports
- Managed multiple major software/service release cycles (creating product roadmap, product specifications, writing user stories, prioritizing features, creating schedules, running triages, getting releases out, supporting them)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and AI technologies is a plus
- Mix of startup and big company experience with established processes is a plus
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.