Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re hiring a dynamic product manager to join the adjacencies team and lead the evaluation and launch of new business lines. The adjacencies team at Rover is responsible for identifying new business opportunities within the pet industry, assessing materiality via data-driven market research, launching and iterating pilot programs, and scaling those programs into mature business units. Simply put: we build startups within a startup.
The ideal candidate for this role is entrepreneurial, agile, and experienced at building products from concept to launch in a startup environment. You are comfortable when presented with highly ambiguous problems, and thrive in a role where you own impact-driving solutions. From the outset, you’ll leverage data and research to create hypotheses for new products and revenue streams, then test those hypotheses via both offline and online tests. From there, you’ll build a business case, and present it to an internal investment committee of senior executives. If we decide to fund a new business, you will have the opportunity to be a key part of the team building out the initial product and go-to-market.
In addition to the expected partnerships with UX design and software engineering, this role will require tremendous cross-functional collaboration with marketing, creative, operations, legal, and finance. An owner through-and-through, you fully embrace the amount of action and partnership needed to get a new business from zero to one.
An additional expectation for this role will be keeping track of emerging companies within the pet industry; particularly those with accelerating traction or funding. As part of this responsibility, you will be expected to be the main point of contact within product at Rover for these discussions, and should we encounter interesting partnership or acquisition opportunities, you will be responsible for drafting a recommended engagement model and presenting it to the senior leadership team.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience.
- Startup experience required; consumer-facing startup experience preferred.
- Experience planning and executing market research (market sizing, survey design, customer interviews, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to build pro-forma P&L models as well as proficiency in SQL and Excel / Google Sheets
- Experience with experiment design and A/B testing
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Why We'll Hire You:
- When considering a new product space, you know your market, customers, and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategy.
- You have a very strong bias toward action: although you possess the analytical capabilities to dive deep, you know when the data is good enough to inform next steps, then you go execute.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. When other fall away, you persevere.
- You are a cross-functional powerhouse: you collaborate as well with marketers and designers as you do with data scientists and engineers.
- You raise the bar on communication: from product requirements documents to cross-functional project plans, your stakeholders are crystal clear about context, deliverables, and timelines.
- Entrepreneurship runs in your blood: you’ve either started your own company or seriously considered it.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination. This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.